Thread: Ammo storage

Ammo storage

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before my search turned up nothing. I want to know if I can use an old hard case for ammo storage. I was told in my course not to lock it in a sealed container. The case is waterproof but has an automatic pressure vent built in. Is this legal?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IronCanadian's Avatar
    Ammo does not have to be locked up, conditions apply regarding accessibility to stored firearms, etc, etc.

As for not storing it in sealed containers... the military has been storing ammo in sealed containers for decades re: ammo cans.

BANNED
    Someone told me it was better to drill holes in metal ammo cans (1 or 2) in case of fire so there will not be a build up of gases inside the box but as stated by IronC they still sell high caliber ammo in sealed "sardine cans" in wooden crates so.... My two bits is, it's ok to go above and beyond security but look at the mess it got all of us with child proof stuff, it's just crazy. Personally i keep my ammo in the same metal locker where i keep my firearms on a shelf in their manufactured boxes, no special containers. That way i go above and beyond cause there's no where that says ammo should be locked up and mine is .

As for your "pressure vent cases" my guess is they're plastic, they will melt if there's a fire so you're good with the exploding part