Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB using AMEX

BANNED
    Hard to find any place that takes AMEX, period. Worse for their gift cards. Nobody takes 'em, including the banks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer alter3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by condomboy View Post
    flat rate fees for Square... I have an ad on the EE for a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 that I would be happy to accept your AMEX for...
    You may want to read your merchant agreement with Square. They don't allow firearms related stuff.

This was talked about roughly a month ago when (IIRC) ATRS got an account and used it at a gun show and had their account terminated.
    I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
    ― Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar

WTB using AMEX

Stores could circumvent credit card restrictions by selling store credits or gift coupon codes. Then the customer can buy whatever they like with the store credit or gift coupon code.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

A lot of people refuse to deal with Amex in Canada as their fees are 3 to 5 times that of MasterCard, Visa, And even square, That itself can be a business owners margin between competitive and losing money, I honestly don't own and don't blame vendors here for avoiding amex personally

They are not 3 to 5 times that of Visa & Mastercard. They are considerably higher....up to 1.5%.

I have an Amex gold and barely ever use it. Travelling, it's useless, in SE Asia anyway... Even here in Canada, half the places I want to use it, won't take it. I'm ready to cancel it, as I really don't see why it's so great.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Amex is my favorite CC to use, with my Air mile/per 10.00, every year, i got at least one maybe two Airlines ticket paid by them for Europe, this is non-negligeable... JP.

AmEx is my favorite card as well. Yeah, I know, it's not taken everywhere. But I earn points from Costco. Last year, I got $335. Which makes for a pretty good food run for free from there.

Yeah Amex is pretty good benefit for the cardholder, but pricey for the merchant. I guess it just drives the price up though and you pay one way or the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12