Thread: Hi-Lux Camputer A.R.T. M-1000 2.5-10x44 Leatherwood Auto Ranging Trajectory Scope

Hi-Lux Camputer A.R.T. M-1000 2.5-10x44 Leatherwood Auto Ranging Trajectory Scope

Grumpy,

Questions on product you carry,

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/8574/Hi-Lux-Camputer-ART-M-1000-25-10x44-Leatherwood-Auto-Ranging-Trajectory-Scope-MilDot-Reticle.aspx

1. Have you tried this scope? Your thoughts?

2. Have you sold many?

3. What kind of feedback have customers given you?

ya.. what he said..

There is a decent review on the hide, they did not like the base

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I've used them and they work very well. I've got one myself, it used to be on one of my M14's but I took it off to convert the rifle back into an iron sighter. The 1000 is a better unit than the 1200 was. We have sold quite a few of them and we have gotten very positive feedback from them. We have had a few that had some issues but Hilux replaced the units for the customers. I know folks who have used them on M14's for many rounds and they have held up. The only complaint I would have is the base. Depending on the rifle you are putting it on it does add some height. For a flattop rifle like an AR or and XCR it's not a big deal, but I have found that one something like an M14 they do benefit from the use of a cheek riser. The base also tends to be long and may not fit on some types of M14 mounts.
    Hope that helps.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I've used them and they work very well. I've got one myself, it used to be on one of my M14's but I took it off to convert the rifle back into an iron sighter. The 1000 is a better unit than the 1200 was. We have sold quite a few of them and we have gotten very positive feedback from them. We have had a few that had some issues but Hilux replaced the units for the customers. I know folks who have used them on M14's for many rounds and they have held up. The only complaint I would have is the base. Depending on the rifle you are putting it on it does add some height. For a flattop rifle like an AR or and XCR it's not a big deal, but I have found that one something like an M14 they do benefit from the use of a cheek riser. The base also tends to be long and may not fit on some types of M14 mounts.
    Hope that helps.
    Thank you for replying so quickly!
    I'm thinking of using this on my Savage 10TR 308. I realize I can't cycle shots like a semi, I wonder though how this scope can handle the recoil since there is no gas system taking some of the pressure? I think linear compensator (brake) may help?

If they can hold up on a M14 they will hold up on our rifle just fine. The M14 is a notorious scope killer due to the fact that it has both rearward and forward recoil pulses. I know a fellow who is running on of those scopes on a Savage 110BA in 300 win mag with no problems.

CGN Regular
    I have read many inquiries on this scope system, and I will try and remember the wording that one individual made on these scopes. "They are a good quality system. Will they work as a target scope at 1000 yards and give 1/2 MOA results with the Cam Ring? No. Will it work for minute of Meat? YES!"

Quote Originally Posted by mcpherson284 View Post
    I have read many inquiries on this scope system, and I will try and remember the wording that one individual made on these scopes. "They are a good quality system. Will they work as a target scope at 1000 yards and give 1/2 MOA results with the Cam Ring? No. Will it work for minute of Meat? YES!"
    That system was never designed as a shooting system for target shooters. It was like you put it originally designed for fast ranging for minute of man or meat.

I have the 1000 and have put just over 5000 rounds down rang with it on.
    It handles the recoil from my 223 very well.
    Love the scope
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." (Robert A. Heinlein)