Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quality of latest batch of Norinco 223.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    that's nice shooting

so, I have heard that you have to ream the primer pocket to make it work. you are saying you don't have to do this? just clean, and reload it?

oh, ps, come to think of it, I have had a couple of split cases too, but that's in the couple of thousand rounds that I have shot.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    It's all mid-90's from what I've seen.
    From reading this forum and its many posts on the subject, along with using the different case lots that I have, lot Numbers of the white box Norc ammo mayhave an impact on quality.
    Example from CJ 95 stamped brass, Lot 1 to low 20s seem to be pretty reliable without getting cracked case heads or other issues that other Lots seem to have. I had just finished a case (1120 rds) of 1995 Lot 11 two weeks ago with zero issues (No FTFs), All went bang.

A recent shipment batch that I have been using now is actually from 1994 Lot 9, and seems to be working so far. Fingers crossed.
    "You may not like guns. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you are going to do are… Call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time." - Unknown

This thread just keeps on delivering! Thanks everyone.

I use norinco 223 brass on my f class rifle. Won few times with it. Mind you I did all the necessary work.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    just get a dillon super swage 600 and it's quite fast to process the 1000 cases once you get going. then into lube/resize toolhead. (and trim if you have the dillon trimmer).

Then tumble, and then reload.

If you do it all manually it's endless though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    last stuff i bought norinco 223...came in 20rd boxes.....

no failures to fire

at all

after 400rds or so

in the norinco 5.56 M4
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

From the over 6000 norinco rounds I've shot I had my first FTF, primer struck hard but she didn't ignite.
    <Making chicken soup out of chicken s**t>

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    Last weekend I had multiple issues with cracked cases of the 95 white box. 120 rounds of the wax paper wrapped was all fine. Avoid the white box if possible!
    WTB: HK45C

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan024 View Post
    Last weekend I had multiple issues with cracked cases of the 95 white box. 120 rounds of the wax paper wrapped was all fine. Avoid the white box if possible!
    What is the Date and Lot Number of the white boxes you were using?
    "You may not like guns. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you are going to do are… Call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time." - Unknown

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbalm View Post
    What is the Date and Lot Number of the white boxes you were using?
    I will have to look it up later i had it posted in a thread here a while back. 200 rounds left of the white box and im done with that junk. never had a problem with the paper wrapped spam can or yellow box norc.
    WTB: HK45C

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast