Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Quality of latest batch of Norinco 223.

It goes bang most of the time, sometimes it goes boom and makes a mess. Same as all norc ammo, dirty and groups ok. I have seen some rifles that cannot digest it.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwug View Post
    My experience with Norc brass is that I found it a little bit less durable than other mfg. In short, it's fine for reloading but you won't get as many reloads out of it. You may be able to extend the life with some annealing but is it really worth it for what it costs? My $0.02
    All of the norc 223 brass I've seen appears to be annealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    All of the norc 223 brass I've seen appears to be annealed.
    Kinda brittle at times though for brass that has been annealed but you're right.... Most I've seen had been done as well.
    Friends help you move, true friends help you move bodies...

CGN Regular
    Lot #04. I've shot about 300-350 rounds. I've had at least 3 split cases and one pierced primer.

Lot 32 (which was the lot people reported issues with... i think). shot around 1500 rounds and have had maybe two that failed to fire.
    Just opened another crate of lot 32, as i usually do i picked through a few rounds at random. First one had this:

hard to see, but just off to the left of the fold in the shoulder, there is also a small dent in the body.

I don't really plan on shooting this one.
    But, what do you guys think would happen if i did shoot it? nothing? split case and nothing more? boom?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kage123 View Post
    Lot 32 (which was the lot people reported issues with... i think). shot around 1500 rounds and have had maybe two that failed to fire.
    Just opened another crate of lot 32, as i usually do i picked through a few rounds at random. First one had this:

hard to see, but just off to the left of the fold in the shoulder, there is also a small dent in the body.

I don't really plan on shooting this one.
    But, what do you guys think would happen if i did shoot it? nothing? split case and nothing more? boom?
    you are good to go
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345