Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    I've always gone with the... "No question is a stupid question."

If you make a mistake, because you didn't ask, that is stupid.

I think that's the beauty of this forum too. Lots of really helpful, knowledgeable people. Which is extremely important when it comes to firearms, and our vague laws. I've found so many answers on here, without even asking a question.

This should be required reading...sums things up perfectly.

if placed on improperly (not depressed hard enough to stick to the trigger guard hard enough) it is definately possible to pull the trigger on a firearm.

But if placed on securely and properly it should be impossible.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    I've always gone with the... "No question is a stupid question."

If you make a mistake, because you didn't ask, that is stupid.

I think that's the beauty of this forum too. Lots of really helpful, knowledgeable people. Which is extremely important when it comes to firearms, and our vague laws. I've found so many answers on here, without even asking a question.
    I generally agree with the premise...but I have seen the "Can I shoot into space?" thread. I believe there is such thing as a stupid questions.

This however was not.

I say the only stupid question is the one not asked. And I think anything is possible that's why I rope the action and trigger lock the trigger. For the cost of both and the time to put them on is minuscule compared to the alternatives of taking the chance. You can never be to safe and Murphy always manages to work his way into all equations.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbin Hood View Post
    if placed on improperly (not depressed hard enough to stick to the trigger guard hard enough) it is definately possible to pull the trigger on a firearm.

But if placed on securely and properly it should be impossible.
    the problem is they are not trigger guard specific. only gun i own that a trigger lock wont let me fire is the kids savage rascal.

but like posted, they are only child proof. last time i was at the range a guy forgot his keys, i lent him a screw driver and he popped off his trigger locks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12