Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid question.

stupid question.

Can a trigger be depressed while one of those trigger guard lock things are attached?

Is it even remotely possible? Aren't they designed exactly to prevent the trigger moving when they're attached?

I guess that's three stupid questions....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    it depends on where the spindle goes through- if it goes through behind the trigger, no, if it goes through ahead of the trigger, the spindle acts as a bar engaging the trigger and forcing it rearward- that's why you don't use them on lever actions for one- can we say instafire?

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    I think strictly speaking the answers are yes, yes, and yes.

Never place any object inside the trigger guard of a loaded gun (unless you intend to discharge it)

No matter how tight you close the trigger lock there is always the possibility the lock bar could wedge up against the trigger and discharge the firearm

Better to ask a question you think is "stupid" than remain mum with possibly dire consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Futter View Post
    Never place any object inside the trigger guard of a loaded gun (unless you intend to discharge it)

No matter how tight you close the trigger lock there is always the possibility the lock bar could wedge up against the trigger and discharge the firearm

Better to ask a question you think is "stupid" than remain mum with possibly dire consequences
    He didnt say he was trigger locking a loaded firearm
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

Trigger locks are, quite simply put... Almost completely worthless.

They don't generally attach very securely, they can be manipulated to fire a round in many cases, and they can be easily removed in seconds with a simple knife, screwdriver, or anything else you can slip between it to pop the lock open.

They're a basic safety measure against inquisitive children, and they serve as a basic measure to satisfy the safe storage rules. That's pretty much it.

Hi guys does any one know Where i can buy the Promag 25 round mags for the Marlin 795 in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by j_moe View Post
    Hi guys does any one know Where i can buy the Promag 25 round mags for the Marlin 795 in Canada?
    Try asking in the Rimfire forum. They'll know best over there.

Nlot a stupid question, knowledge is important.
    Especially when it comes to life or death situations
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

I've always gone with the... "No question is a stupid question."

If you make a mistake, because you didn't ask, that is stupid.

I think that's the beauty of this forum too. Lots of really helpful, knowledgeable people. Which is extremely important when it comes to firearms, and our vague laws. I've found so many answers on here, without even asking a question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast