Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 Teaser #3

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I need tools to properly disassembly and clean my Garand and my M14's, the XCR-M rifles require a tool to remove the gas piston for proper takedown and cleaning, why is this any different?
    That's good for you, and I'm not saying it's any different.
    All I'm saying is that I can't say for sure if I'd buy one. I don't like guns that require tools for takedown. While you guys are going out of your way to have this built to certain specifications, why not build it the way people want it?
    While you and many others may tolerate the screws, I highly doubt anyone here, including yourself would RATHER have to remove four screws with a tool than to pop out two pins.
    Just something to consider. This has the potential to be a fantastic product.

Me want!!! Take my money please!!!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    That's good for you, and I'm not saying it's any different.
    All I'm saying is that I can't say for sure if I'd buy one. I don't like guns that require tools for takedown. While you guys are going out of your way to have this built to certain specifications, why not build it the way people want it?
    While you and many others may tolerate the screws, I highly doubt anyone here, including yourself would RATHER have to remove four screws with a tool than to pop out two pins.
    Just something to consider. This has the potential to be a fantastic product.
    And how soon would you like to see these rifles on the market? Every change requires re-tooling etc. This all adds time and cost. So far there haven't been many saying the hold down bolts would be a deal breaker.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

And how soon would you like to see these rifles on the market? Every change requires re-tooling etc. This all adds time and cost. So far there haven't been many saying the hold down bolts would be a deal breaker.
    I'm loving the look of the hunter.

It's not a deal breaker for me but as I like to give my guns a real good cleaning after every range trip I would certainly prefer take down pins..
    Last edited by canadiansurvivor; 07-09-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    We are defined by our actions-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't care how long it takes or how much it increases the price, but that's just me. I'd rather wait a bit longer and pay a bit more for a better product.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    I don't care how long it takes or how much it increases the price, but that's just me. I'd rather wait a bit longer and pay a bit more for a better product.
    I don't see it happening at this time. While it might not be an issue for you, price is an issue for many of us. At the end of the day we will never be able to please everyone, as what one person wants, the next person doesn't. What is a major thing to one is trivial to the next. I can understand your desire for the take down pins, as it would make for a more field expedient take down and cleaning, but this is the system that the engineers at CZ came up with to make return to zero after takedown as precise as possible.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a extra 100$ for take down pins. It would make for a pretty slick system.... but I am happy eather way!

I'm in for two of the hunters. Should make a nice little deer rifle as i got a stack of those SST's left over.

Thanks for the update. The lack of take down pins is a bit disappointing but I understand the need to return to zero with the rails. I'm an iron sights shooter though!

Hunter, with some nicer furniture than the beaver barf, would make an awesome target rifle.

I've got to be honest though, the tactical makes no sense to me. Part of the appeal of this rifle is the dirt cheap surplus ammo to plink with. I mirror others concerns with the longevity of the screw down dust cover, and the lack of chrome lined barrel. True, the chrome barrel wasn't a problem on the 858 or vz58's, but they also had a 100% solid and dependable push pin system. It was easy to tear the whole gun down to clean it - which I argue is necessary EVERY single time you fire corrosive, whether Grumpy believes so or not. The railed, squared off dust cover also ruins the appeal of the 958 IMO, as a tactical rifle anyways.

Very excited for the Hunter, my $0.05 on the Tactical, take it for what it is. I'd still like to thank Wolverine for bringing these back (hopefully) to market.
    CSSA | CCFR