Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 Teaser #3

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Yeah it is a very solid and repeatable system for sure. It really doesn't slow things down much for the average shooter.
    If I rarely had to break the rifle down to clean it, I would fully agree with you. Since many (most?) people will be shooting corrosive through these though, having to remove those screws every time is going to be a real pain. Especially if you are out in the field and forgot a screw driver. I have some concerns with the threads stripping over time as well. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but I would much much prefer tool less take down.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    So yea, that looks really far forward to me, with no space to move it back further. Have you used it in this config?
    Yes I have, it worked perfectly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    These are on my 'Must Have' list.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    So yea, that looks really far forward to me, with no space to move it back further. Have you used it in this config?
    Doesn't sit any farther forward than an optic mounted AR. The eye relief is perfect on this one and depending on the mount there will be some wiggle room.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by VanRider View Post
    If I rarely had to break the rifle down to clean it, I would fully agree with you. Since many (most?) people will be shooting corrosive through these though, having to remove those screws every time is going to be a real pain. Especially if you are out in the field and forgot a screw driver. I have some concerns with the threads stripping over time as well. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but I would much much prefer tool less take down.
    What I did the other day was simply hose the action out with some action cleaner/degreaser etc, then reoil it with spray oil after I cleaned the barrel. The piston can come off without removing the top cover so that part is still easy to get to. I honestly don't see the need to have to tear it down all the time completely.

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat View Post
    #exciting

Can you tell me if the extended bolt releases, mag releases and ambi selectors we have (NEA, BCT, Corwin) will function/fit on the tactical model? I'm assuming the NEA and BCT upper and lower guards will fit in just fine.

Thangyouvurrymuch,
    Upper and lower guards will work for sure. I can't say 100% on the mag releases etc, but they look the same as the old ones to me so they should work in there. The biggest difference other than the top cover is the changes in the inside of the receiver for there is no room nor provision for go fast goodies to find a home anymore.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer starpuss's Avatar
    I need one!!
    Too bad you don't want to start the pre order!!
    I don't want to miss it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    What I did the other day was simply hose the action out with some action cleaner/degreaser etc, then reoil it with spray oil after I cleaned the barrel. The piston can come off without removing the top cover so that part is still easy to get to. I honestly don't see the need to have to tear it down all the time completely.
    I am afraid I greatly differ on this matter, did you ever get one rusting on you? Never happened to me but I clean them religiously! But my father sworn to me he clean his sks one time and it was rusted shut and I passed countless hours cleaning it and all the chrome parts inside never came back to how they were!

So 4 bolt on the rail, it's a pain but I am not a range wh@re and 4-10 a year is probably all action it would see. Its still to bad that a 2 pin system couldn't be designe to retain zero but I surly prefer to have 4 screws and have a repeatable system then a 2 pin so so system.

The hunter makes my peepee go shwing. The tactical not so much. If these haven't been submitted to the RCMP yet for inspection im guessing these rifles are at least close to two years out. By then the Liberals will be possibly in Power. Heck of a big risk to be taking by Wolverine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    I'm going to have to wait and see on this. Needing tools for dissasembley could be a deal breaker for me
    WTB: HK45C