Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Les Baer Premier ll at the range... Fantastic....

BANNED
    Your ammo bill must be outrages, I see why the Dillon is on it's way.. good move IMHO and better ammo..

I try to use the best ammo I can find even in 22 and reload for the rest whenever possible..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Since i started restricteds ( i came late to it, so overtime to get to a satisfactory level of skill is mandatory), 1K $ a month of ammo is no exageration... JP.

Just finish reassembled my LB after a good cleaning, now this pistol after 400 rounds was hardly dirty, almost nothing to clean, a little scrubb with a soft toothbrushe, a little wipe with a rag, inspection of the firing pin and extractor, little drop of light oïl in the rail and that's all...
    Maintenance is very low, i am pleased with that fact, except maybe my first scratch made by me...
    Bof, now i wont mind the others scratchs...
    This thing is as thight build as it can be and it is so easy and fluid to strip and reassemble... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Not an idiot scratch on your new LB... Should have practice with the Norcs first!

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    Depends on the batch of Norc. I've been through over 10 cases of it and some cases are hotter than others. My Prowler III is pretty accurate with it, it's not match ammo by any means. Sure is dirty but it goes bang and for paper punching practice it's ok.
    what else can we civies legally do other than paper punch at the range?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    Not an idiot scratch on your new LB... Should have practice with the Norcs first!
    Actually more like one big one and 3 or 4 small of those idiot scratchs, i should have practice with a basic model one but i did not, but now they still have a Hemi 572 and i am... Bip... Bip .........JP.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Let's put it this way, those numbers are very easy to reach, not only the firearms make the #... Scopes, ammo. reloading stuff ( a 1050 Dillon Autodrive is coming to daddy) being over 50k is easy, i would estimate that many if they estimated all the bit and pièces would be more around 100k...
    This hooby is the greatest in the world and it come with a price, nowaday with the high prices of everything, peoples underestimate their collection... JP.
    So true about the greatest hobby in the world, not to mention guns hold value quite well, I used to be into modifying cars when I was younger, what an effing money pit.......ks of $ into it, it will drive like sh*t and worth nothing.....
    Now I collect guns and hasselblad, much wiser now.
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 07-12-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

Fun factor first, the rest of the reasons for owning firearms, you can put in the order of your choice... JP.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Actually more like one big one and 3 or 4 small of those idiot scratchs, i should have practice with a basic model one but i did not, but now they still have a Hemi 572 and i am... Bip... Bip .........JP.
    Noooooooo!

That totally sucks, but the flip side of it is that you'll have to take that LesBaer to your grave as no one will pay the premium price for a used LB with the idiot scratch on it.

You really just have to push that slide stop in with authority and not pu$$y foot around with it. Leave the recoil spring out as well, no need for the extra pressure on the slide.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    what else can we civies legally do other than paper punch at the range?
    What I meant to say is that if you intend to compete and push the limits a little further you better reload or buy some real off the shelf 185grs or 200grs SWC match ammo. The Norc is decent ammo to practice trigger pull & flinching but I woud'nt go to a serious match with it. That is unless everybody uses it... Then I would probably end up in first place

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast