Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M1 Garand ?

I would buy several Norinco M1 Garands. I love the rifles, and being able to have a cheap beater one would be great! I think everyone should own a Garand because they absolutely rock.
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    What makes you think they would be cheap !
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Good point bcshooter! But seeing as a "parts gun shooter" M1 goes for around $1400 -$1700, even if Norc could produce them with good enough quality control for $700-$1000, I think they'd be dandy. Ultimitley the cost of tooling and such will probably kill whatever hopes we have of this anyways, or drive the price higher than most are willing to pay for a commy pinko Norinco.
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

there is about 190k of garands in a warehouse in south Korea as far as I know condition unknown, why would you wanna make new ones?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    china made m14 clones as far back as the 60's I think......
    but the majority of production was done in the early 90's, including the receivers of rifles sold today.
    those forgings were made under lower material, labour and energy costs than we have in china today...... so I would think hoping for a Chinese garand for under a 1000 would not be realistsic. I also don't see the Canadian market being an effective driver to entice the Chinese to take up the task.

now a company like wayne machine might be able to do it, they are already tooled up for making much of the M1A rifle parts, but again, there wouldn't be any reason to expect the rifle produced to not cost well over a grand.

if it was a good idea..... some American company would have been on it much as they have done for the m14/m1a ie SEI, LRB, 7.62firearms, SAI,JRA ect

If they are the same quality as their m305 ( wrong thread, barrel spline off centre), then I rather spend 900$ on an old beat up beretta,sai,hr and dump an extra $1000 for restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    If they are the same quality as their m305 ( wrong thread, barrel spline off centre), then I rather spend 900$ on an old beat up beretta,sai,hr and dump an extra $1000 for restoration.
    Good point. I was going to buy a M305 until I examined the quality of one at my local gun shop and read about all the problems people been having with them.
    I’d rather be free and unsafe than to be safe and unfree.

Why not just cast the part its quite a simple casting and 1/3 the cost. Evwn with a quality investment casting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Norinco M14's were available and cheap because Norinco already had all the machines and tooling ready to go.
    I can't see them setting up shop all over to turn out an inferior rifle and all that cost, time and effort to sell a couple thousand rifles to the tiny Canadian market.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Why would Norinco make the M1 Garand when they already make the M305?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast