Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M1 Garand ?

Quote Originally Posted by F-Tang View Post
    We're still a larger market to them than the US because they can't sell their guns in America.
    AT $500-700 a unit it will take probably a minimum order of 10,000 units before they can recoup the cost of tooling up a production line and start making a profit without government contract 10,000 rifles will take better part of a decade to sell out in Canada.

Canada isn't Norinco's only market people. They sell all over Asia and Africa as well. Not sure about Europe.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macs675 View Post
    Canada isn't Norinco's only market people. They sell all over Asia and Africa as well. Not sure about Europe.
    It is by far its largest civi market. repro M1 are not a military gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macs675 View Post

I tell you what, in Mexico and Belize private citizens are forbidden to own this rifle and I suspect most other Central American countries follow this example as well.

And in Asia or Africa, exactly how many countries would you think would allow their private citizens to legally import/own this centrefire semi-automatic rifle?
    I would argue that this number would be very small and therefore not commercially viable. Consider these factors too: Surplus ammunition is pretty much zero, and that makes it a handloaded rifle only as most would not be able to afford the aftermarket imported Garand friendly ammo from the USA. Even if they were allowed to do so by their own government.
    Last edited by Brutus; 08-26-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

I think a Norc Garand could fetch $1000 or so.. but I bet that landed cost more to then that to get them set up and sent over here. Shame because its a great design and desire is there. Look at Garand prices shooting up over the last decade.

Norinco mini m1 .223 that would be great lol
    I collect the ugliest millsurps I can find

New Zealand, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, scandanavia and many other European countries allow citizens to own these guns and Norc m14s are very popular in these places.
    "23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum..._general_rules"

Instead of spending 1000$ in 2-3 years why not just buy a garand on the EE for 1400$?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbruno View Post
    New Zealand, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, scandanavia and many other European countries allow citizens to own these guns and Norc m14s are very popular in these places.
    That's why I was asking about taking a gun they already produce (the M305) and converting it to look like a Garand using the bare minimum of special parts.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

I'd rather see the NSG-1 and NSG-50..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast