Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LAR15 pistol mags and non-restricted rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    There are 10 round mags that will fit the m305. Aia bolt action rifles use these mags
    Thank-You Sir. I stand corrected. As one can see from the responses so far there is a lot to learn and know about this hobby! That's the main reason I spend time on CGN. Seem to learn something new almost every day!
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Wow... I cant believe some of the fail and misinformation in this thread, so I will try to lay some of it out CORRECTLY. I honestly thought someone like fenceline would have been in here more than he was, but he must have be sitting this one out.

Magazines: Magazines are usually a proprietary part specific to that style of firearm with some exceptions. For example: VZ58 mags, while similar in appearance to AK47 mags are NOT interchangeable. On the other hand, you get popular magazine formats such as the stanag magazine style (AR mags) that are widely adopted for firearms using the .223/5.56 cartridge.

Magazine Laws:

▪Rimfire: unlimited unless a handgun variant is produced and the mags are advertised as interchangeable. (Example: Ruger Charger pistol and the 10/22 series of rifle. Any mags advertised for the pistol are pinned. Also the Mossberg 715 Tactical and Duck Commander pistol more recently)

▪Handguns: 10 of the caliber the mag was designed to hold.

▪Rifles/Shotguns:
    •Bolt/pump/lever (manual) action: unlimmited as long as it does not use a mag from a semiauto. Example wold be the Mossberg MVP rifle that uses stanag (AR) mags.
    •Semiauto Centerfire rifles and shotguns: Restricted to 5 rounds of the caliber it was designed for.

Understanding our magazine laws and how they work against what the law makers original intended:
    Basically our magazine laws are connected to the magazine and what it was designed for, not the firearm it is used in. This is how we as responsible firearms owners of this country have found ways to legally restore some of our firearms rights while waiting for true proper changes.

Because our laws are attached to what the mag was designed for, different firearm, different caliber, or a pistol can really change what your able to do with it. Here are some examples:
    •LAR-15 pistol mags: Designed for AR pistols, so restricted to 10, but perfectly legal in a rifle.
    •AIA enfield mags: Designed for AIA's enfield bolt action rifle, but the mags happen to fit M14/M1A/M305 style rifles.
    •.50 Beowulf and .40S&W mags:
    for a number of years it has been known that a guy could buy .40s&w mags for your 9mm handgun to make the most out of our ####ty laws and squeeze 12-13 rounds of 9mm in the .40 mag instead of your normal 10 9mm in a 9mm mag. More recently it was quickly discovered that a new big bore caliber designed for a whole new AR-15 upper would bring a breath of freash air to our AR mags by allowing us to have mags for the .50 Beowulf cartridge. The mags are pinned to 5 of the caliber they were designed and stamped for, but hold on average 15-16 rounds of .223 when pinned just shy of 6 beo rounds.

Now IF we were to get a number of Beowulf pistols, think of the possibilities for mags.

Also you touched on LAR mag converters. The ones you have seen are likely for converting the mag wells of:
    •.223 VZ58's to accept stanag .223 mags
    •7.62x39 VZ58's to accept stanag 7.62x39 mags
    •7.62x39 SKS to accept stanag 7.62x39 mags

Also here is a vid from our friendly neighborhood TV-PressPass explaining Beowulf if you are still confused.

[Youtube]Bt9a_QPFd50[/youtube]
    You should now be fairly up to speed.

As far as a list of stanag mag format black rifles in canada:
    •TAVOR
    •FS2000
    •T97NSR
    •AR15
    •ACR
    •XCR-L
    •SU-16

Hope this helps!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Wow... I cant believe some of the fail and misinformation in this thread, so I will try to lay some of it out CORRECTLY. I honestly thought someone like fenceline would have been in here more than he was, but he must have be sitting this one out.

Magazines: Magazines are usually a proprietary part specific to that style of firearm with some exceptions. For example: VZ58 mags, while similar in appearance to AK47 mags are NOT interchangeable. On the other hand, you get popular magazine formats such as the stanag magazine style (AR mags) that are widely adopted for firearms using the .223/5.56 cartridge.

Magazine Laws:

▪Rimfire: unlimited unless a handgun variant is produced and the mags are advertised as interchangeable. (Example: Ruger Charger pistol and the 10/22 series of rifle. Any mags advertised for the pistol are pinned. Also the Mossberg 715 Tactical and Duck Commander pistol more recently)

▪Handguns: 10 of the caliber the mag was designed to hold.

▪Rifles/Shotguns:
    •Bolt/pump/lever (manual) action: unlimmited as long as it does not use a mag from a semiauto. Example wold be the Mossberg MVP rifle that uses stanag (AR) mags.
    •Semiauto Centerfire rifles and shotguns: Restricted to 5 rounds of the caliber it was designed for.

Understanding our magazine laws and how they work against what the law makers original intended:
    Basically our magazine laws are connected to the magazine and what it was designed for, not the firearm it is used in. This is how we as responsible firearms owners of this country have found ways to legally restore some of our firearms rights while waiting for true proper changes.

Because our laws are attached to what the mag was designed for, different firearm, different caliber, or a pistol can really change what your able to do with it. Here are some examples:
    •LAR-15 pistol mags: Designed for AR pistols, so restricted to 10, but perfectly legal in a rifle.
    •AIA enfield mags: Designed for AIA's enfield bolt action rifle, but the mags happen to fit M14/M1A/M305 style rifles.
    •.50 Beowulf and .40S&W mags:
    for a number of years it has been known that a guy could buy .40s&w mags for your 9mm handgun to make the most out of our ####ty laws and squeeze 12-13 rounds of 9mm in the .40 mag instead of your normal 10 9mm in a 9mm mag. More recently it was quickly discovered that a new big bore caliber designed for a whole new AR-15 upper would bring a breath of freash air to our AR mags by allowing us to have mags for the .50 Beowulf cartridge. The mags are pinned to 5 of the caliber they were designed and stamped for, but hold on average 15-16 rounds of .223 when pinned just shy of 6 beo rounds.

Now IF we were to get a number of Beowulf pistols, think of the possibilities for mags.

Also you touched on LAR mag converters. The ones you have seen are likely for converting the mag wells of:
    •.223 VZ58's to accept stanag .223 mags
    •7.62x39 VZ58's to accept stanag 7.62x39 mags
    •7.62x39 SKS to accept stanag 7.62x39 mags

Also here is a vid from our friendly neighborhood TV-PressPass explaining Beowulf if you are still confused.

[Youtube]Bt9a_QPFd50[/youtube]
    You should now be fairly up to speed.

As far as a list of stanag mag format black rifles in canada:
    •TAVOR
    •FS2000
    •T97NSR
    •AR15
    •ACR
    •XCR-L
    •SU-16

Hope this helps!
    Thanks very much!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    No problem!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    No problem!
    You did a pretty good job.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I will NOT be answering any more of these type of threads as there are much more qualified members out there! The last thing I wanted to do was spread misinformation. I will be keeping notes instead from now on. Lol. I have corrected my initial post as well. Thanks senior members.
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

Qft

wow... I cant believe some of the fail and misinformation in this thread,

magazine laws:

▪rimfire: Unlimited unless a handgun variant is produced and the mags are advertised as interchangeable. (example: Ruger charger pistol and the 10/22 series of rifle. Any mags advertised for the pistol are pinned. Also the mossberg 715 tactical and duck commander pistol more recently)

Sorry to resurrect this super old thread, I was wanting to read the bulletin.

Conveniently enough, the bulletin cannot be located anymore.

I used the search tool at the top and searched this: 20110323-72-eng.htm

Surprisingly, a search result shows a hyperlink to the bulletin, but the link simply redirects you to the new website.

double post sorry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdwh View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this super old thread, I was wanting to read the bulletin.

Conveniently enough, the bulletin cannot be located anymore.

I used the search tool at the top and searched this: 20110323-72-eng.htm

Surprisingly, a search result shows a hyperlink to the bulletin, but the link simply redirects you to the new website.
    These guys are the new kids on the block >>>> https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post16630630

Total of 20 rounds for the whole magazine assembly. I bet ya Poly, Wendy and the Doctors are now trying to find ways to prohibit this. For now we are good.
    CCFR MDRGC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast