Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used 308 ar extravaganza!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy wolverine View Post
    sass clone is sold!!!!
    and am i excited to lay hands on this!!!!!!
    "RIP" KLUNK. BROTHERS FOREVER!!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigbully View Post
    Nice, and I love your signature

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigbully View Post
    Glad to see it went to a good home! I was a bit shocked that the old owner was selling it. Then he started babbling on about HK. Clearly he went HK ghey. Your gain! It's a nice firearm.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Hopefully someone will take advantage of the great prices on these other two rifles. Remember we have free shipping in July. Just email us at sales@wolverinesupplies.com and tell them Grumpy sent ya.

If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Glad to see it went to a good home! I was a bit shocked that the old owner was selling it. Then he started babbling on about HK. Clearly he went HK ghey. Your gain! It's a nice firearm.
    Fireball drinkin' the HK kewlaid now eh?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Fireball drinkin' the HK kewlaid now eh?
    He's always been. It started with his SL8. The gateway rifle...Then an ump, now two USP, MR223, MR308.... When I want to piss him off I just mention that Lineofsite and I have P7s. A real fan needs a P7! Heck Lineofsite's wife has one too... That's usually good for some hurt feelings. Hilarity generally ensues.

Wolverine has been feeding this HK problem. I believe a few have come from them including the MR308. I have a plan on howto crush hin on that one two. Get the SIG 716 precision and mention how the HK engineer got it right this time!! All joking aside they are nice firearms and I'm guilty of Walther collecting along with a small start in the SIG direction.

Sorry for the off track but it is s free bump for Wolverine, a great company to deal with.

Hey Grumpy Wolverine. May I make an advertising suggestion for the DPMS LR308? A couple of features. That muzzle break which is a PWS? Sorry pictures suck on an iPhone. Isn't stock. The barrel has been threaded. Considering it's a light shooting rifle as is that's a nice addition which would cost more than most would think to have done. If the previous owner did that then.. I can pretty much guarantee they also changed the garbage stock trigger to a match grade. I know it was the first thing I did in mine. $1800 rifle new, plus threading/muzzle break and $200 ish if a match grade trigger. A very solid target AR308. The 1:10 twist barrel on my LR308 shoots 167 Lapua factory ammo exceptionally well. Most that sell these rifles haven't tried that round or they wouldn't sell it. The build quality isn't anywhere near as good as the AR10. But for a target rifle they work very well when setup properly. A semi auto target rifle that can hold it's own against tactical precision bolt guns and at almost bolt gun pricing isn't bad at all. You see people dressing up their bolt guns in chasis to try and look like this, only the cost is much higher than this rifle. The only negative is it's restricted but fir a target rifle chances are you'd be shooting tight groups at a range anyways.

I also noticed the LR308 is the upgraded fluted barrel version. A good first AR308 or for someone wanting a dedicated semi auto target rifle. On a side note the Lar308 was my first AR. I couldn't recommend these rifles until I fed mine 167 Lapua. Federal gold 168 was a no go. Which can cause many including myself to doubt the rifle's capability. The results with the right ammo put a smile on my face. As a dedicated target rifle they can match far more expensive tactical precision AR308 rifles.

The one suggestion I would make for anyone contemplating buying this or any target 308AR if equiped with the A2 grip is to order the magpul MIAD with wedge for AR308 rifles. I paid $6 at Wolverine for the wedge which gets rid of the gap as the 308AR has a different profile than the AR15 for the pistol grip curve. Put the largest back grip on. This will give you a perfect straight back squeeze on the trigger. A good scope/rings and the right ammo and you're laughing. LR308 $1400 , scope etc... The look on a FUDD's face when you print tiny groups.... Priceless.

Generally I'd recommend an Armalite AR10 or even DPMS G2 over the GI LR308 but... At that price for the right person it could be a good option.

No I don't work for Wolverine. Just a customer once in a while and love shooting AR10/AR308 rifles. Unlike the SASS clone I haven't personally seen the other rifles so I don't know their history. Although both look pretty much brand new from the photos.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 07-19-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Oh man, that DPMS is sexy. And you guys are my favorite retailer.

Since I am broke, do you guys take payment in kidneys? I got two, mint condition.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    Oh man, that DPMS is sexy. And you guys are my favorite retailer.

Since I am broke, do you guys take payment in kidneys? I got two, mint condition.
    We do have a nice little layaway problem, drop an email to sales@wolverinesupplies.com attention Grumpy and I'll be happy to fill you in on the details. Makes it almost painless. that DPMS has fired less than two boxes of shells.

Email sent. Cheers, Michael
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

CRAP!

THE DPMS IS SOLD!!! Just the used SUPER SASS left

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast