Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellwood Epps Customer Service Thumbs Up!

Ellwood Epps Customer Service Thumbs Up!

I recently ordered a Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 357/9mm from Epps. On their website it was described as having rosewood grips. When the mailman arrived and I unboxed it ... lo and behold.......black hard rubber I tried calling them today but the lines were all busy so the phone in the gun room went to voicemail. Instead of leaving a message, I sent an email, hoping to hear back within a day or so.

Within 17 minutes I had a reply from Kevin. It seems that the rosewood grips have been on backorder for over a year. My options were return the gun for a full refund including shipping or a credit to more than cover the cost of a set of grips, applied to my credit card.

I want to thank them for the super quick response in a very professional manner, with zero BS.

Now what am I going to do with that extra credit on my visa card......

BANNED
    Cool but they knew when they shipped the gun that it wasn't what you asked for. It would've been nicer to send you a e-mail to ask you if you would want the rubber grips instead of shipping it to you AND try to fix the problem after imho.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Cool but they knew when they shipped the gun that it wasn't what you asked for. It would've been nicer to send you a e-mail to ask you if you would want the rubber grips instead of shipping it to you AND try to fix the problem after imho.
    Agreed. I mean it is nice that they fixed it for you fairly quickly but at the same time if they knew when they sent it that it wasn't what you ordered a call would have been nice and saved everyone some time.
    Signature Under Construction
    Please Check Back Soon

I get what you are saying kobs but in fairness, I think the Blackhawk convertibles never had wood grips. I think the error was in the description on the website. Someone who has to enter all the info for all the guns on their website must do an awful lot of typing. I don't believe they intentionally sent the gun out knowing there was a mistake on the website. My point is I have bought a number of guns from Epps and always been happy with the deals. This is the first time there has ever been an issue (and a minor one at that) and I had a response within 17 minutes that made me happy.

BANNED
    For what it's worth I have one of these a couple of years older that came with wood grips.. it looks nice but the Hogue grips on it now are superior for handling IMHO.

I presume the new models are now installed with the Hogue grips.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Give the grips a try, you may end up really liking the ones they sent.

BANNED
    Defiantly..

CGN frequent flyer
    I have to say though... everybody makes mistakes. My confidence in dealing with a store, an organization, or a person goes WAY up when they fix their mistakes promptly and responsibly. Everybody's friendly when things are going well, but when a mistake is going to cost someone money, that is when you find out whether they stand behind their word or turn into shifty buggers.

Sounds like Epps is the stand behind their word type. Even if they made a mistake.

CGN Regular
    That's very good of them to accept responsibility and offer you credit.
    Everyone makes mistakes and taking responsibility for it is a sign of being a reputable company who actually cares about their customer satisfaction.

CGN Regular
    Yep, things happen, it how its handled that matters. I have only purchased 1 item from them to date but must say I was very pleased. Got a set of used Dillon .40/10mm dies, listed as "good cond." they shipped them very quickly and other than the Dillon seal on the box being open you would swear that they were brand new, even came with the extra decapping pin as shipped from Dillon. You got to love it when things arrive in better condition that you expect, A++ in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast