Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LCW or Norinco 7.62x39, Which should I buy (which is better?)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar

LCW or Norinco 7.62x39, Which should I buy (which is better?)

I don't like shooting corrosive ammo through my SKS and VZ58 so I'm wondering on which non-corrosive ammo I should buy (LCW or Norinco new production, copper washed). I've shot the last of my 'Silver Box' Norinco and must say that it was fantastic. If that was available again, I'd buy it - but it doesn't appear that it is. These choices are the same price 'per round', so which is the better ammo for the money? Thanks.

Norinco

or

LCW

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Get a case of each at that price and see which you like best...
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Get a case of each at that price and see which you like best...
    Only want to buy one (don't shoot that much and no cash for both)... want to know if the new Norinco is as good as the Silver Box stuff, I'd buy it. Just looking to see if one is cleaner or more reliable than the other. They could very well be the same in those respects.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The LCW HP shoot under 1/2 MOA out of a CZ 527 one group went into the same hole for 3 shots.Unlikely I can repeat that but it happened! Harold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Wasn't there a big thread here about some of the supposedly non corrosive Norinco actually turning out to be corrosive?

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Wasn't there a big thread here about some of the supposedly non corrosive Norinco actually turning out to be corrosive?
    That was 54R ammo. Do not recall any issue with this stuff.
    "Howdy! I'm a Cowboy! BANG! BANG! B-B-B-BANG! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Bullet Bullet Gun! -- Emmet Brickowoski
    Member:

I have all 3 flavours of the Norc stuff. Red box, Silver box and the new production white box.
    All are equally the same as to accuracy and all go bang.
    I have not tried the LWC stuff so I can't compare.
    I would go with the new production white box as it is similar to the silver box.

CGN Regular
    I have both and found both equally good. The white box definitely non-corrosive ammo. I tested it in a humid environment including out on a boat for 15 hours on the ocean. I did not clean rifle for 4 days no rust on my VZ 58.

I have had one dud in my first 60 rounds of the LCW. No duds with he white box yet but only gone through 80 rounds as well.

The only other comment on the LCW is sometimes one of my converted AK mags to VZ the round will somehow get under the feed ramp ( 2-3 times in 60 rounds) and push the bullet in on the LCW. So far with the Norinco white box with more rounds fired this has not occurred. Maybe lucky?

Regards

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    And the LCW is lead core if your range is annal about steel cored projectile. Harold

You can hunt with HP and it's less common than FMJ should you look to sell some stock in the future. Same price as FMJ too. They used to charge more for HP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast