Thread: Prohibited 12(6)

Prohibited 12(6)

I purchased my first hand gun in 1987 with a basic fac. When the gun laws changed, they gave us possession only licenses.
    To be able to purchase non restricted and restricted we needed to take a course, which I have. On my pal is indicated non restricted and restricted, also 12(6).
    This tells me (i think) an able to purchase a prohibited, however I've never owned a prohibited hand gun before.
    Is this a mistake??? Or can I purchase one???

if you have a 12(6) on your license like I do, it means you can own and purchase a prohib HG. Go for it, and say nothing to the CFC. and if it was a mistake....so what. They made my AK-47 restricted in my licensing for years, and then sent me a new registration years later and said it was a prohib (which I knew). I said NOTHING to the CFC to correct the mistake. 12(6) HGs are cheap enough, you can find a lot for under $200. So go buy one and see if the purchase goes through.

i'll give it a try and see. just need to find one. I've requested to join the equipment exchange option. just need to wait for approval. thanks