Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Sweet Savage Rimfires Are In!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuswon View Post
    Like!I don't own any 17 hmrs, don't know much about them,, what's so good about the caliber compared to 22? I thank you in advance for the lesson
    It shoots a lot flatter, and twice as fast(2550 FPS). It's about $12-$15 for 50 rounds. They are a .22 Magnum necked down to .17.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetmonkey View Post
    Aside from the peep sights, anybody know why the MKII FVT is $130 more than the already excellent FV-SR (heavy barrel) model?
    (MSRP is a crappy reason!)

I was going to put peep sights on my TR when I priced them the cost for the setup was over $300 so at $400 for the FVT it's a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuswon View Post
    Like!I don't own any 17 hmrs, don't know much about them,, what's so good about the caliber compared to 22? I thank you in advance for the lesson
    It depends what you are using it for. The .17HMR and .22WMR both have flatter trajectories and will do more damage to game, but they're also more than twice the price of .22LR. If you're hunting anything larger than gophers or want to try to do longer range shooting, go with .17HMR or .22WMR. If you're on a budget, just plinking or shooting gophers then go with .22LR. About the only difference in the rifle itself is the .22LR magazines aren't as nice as the .17HMR and .22WMR. I use mine mostly to plink silhouettes all day, not for hunting, so I'm glad I got .22LR or I would be spending a fortune on ammo. It's plenty accurate, I only have a 4x power scope so I can't shoot super accurately on paper at 100 yards, but at 25 yards it is pretty much a laser beam.
    Last edited by Josh6499; 08-03-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyones View Post
    lefty's?
    soooo.....no leftys?
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

Any word on when more Savage 93R17 FV-SR .17HMR will be coming in?

CGN Regular
    Any CHance FVSR's will be in stock anytime soon? If so how much were they going for ?

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123