Thread: Restricted Transportation

Restricted Transportation

First time owning a restricted firearm. Do I have to go out and buy a strongbox to transport my handgun in? Or can I just transport it in the original factory hard case that it came with? (Ruger Mark III .22LR)

As long as the gun has a trigger lock and you can lock the case your good to go!

I just use the cheap 10$ crappy tire pistol cases with a lock on it,

If you have nothing at this point, consider a tool bag or box. There are many that are ideally suited as a range bag. Just bear in mind that it has to be lockable. Many tool bags have compartments for magazines, tools and other items you will need to carry. Ear and eye protection are examples as are holsters and belts. Eventually you will know what small tools you would like to have handy. Any place that caters to construction workers and handy men will have a selection of bags that will last a lifetime. Buy once, cry once is a valid cliche.
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

BANNED
    Ain't it funny that law says you have to keep your restricteds in a locked, hard to get into cabinet, preferably steel or a vault and when it comes to transporting it a cheap $5 trigger lock that you can pop in 2 seconds with a screwdriver and an even cheaper CDN tire $10 box is all good, go figure!