Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: SKS Combo: Case of 1200 rds $399

I never really wanted an SKS...

Mine arrived a couple weeks ago but I was out working in the bush. Finally was able to pick it up. 1954 Tula, unissued, and either unfired or just test fired. Matching numbers on everything except the magazine.

There wasn't much Cosmoline, and what was there was all dried up. Here it is disassembled, before cleaning:

After the application of a few cans of WD40 followed by brake cleaner, it cleaned up nicely, except for the bayonet which is still has a few spots. I did take the bolt apart too, just to be safe.

Shoots great, and the sights were right on without any front site adjustments. 10/10 would buy again.

Bassically the same as mine with all matching numbers except for the mag for some reason.
    Mine is a 1952 with laminate stock.
    Very nice refurb job done on mine.
    I can put 10 out of 10 in a 10 inch circle at 100 metres with surplus ammo which is very good for an SKS,
    so i will use it at Milsurp matchs.
    I cleaned up my bayo by soaking it in mineral spirits then light scrubbing it with a piece of that green scouring material.
    Not the soft plastic ones but one that is more aggressive. Made by 3m
    Cleaned up nice.
    The 20th century Canadian home guard rifle was the Enfield. The new Canadian home guard rifle is now the Simonov (SKS) rifle.

No pics but the textured finish on mine looks nice and so far is very durable as there is no chips in it yet and I have used and handled the gun several times now.
    It appears it was properly preped before applying and must have been heat treated to cure it.
    The 20th century Canadian home guard rifle was the Enfield. The new Canadian home guard rifle is now the Simonov (SKS) rifle.

I finally decided to get one. So my order is in. I hope it's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by leadslinger View Post
    Bassically the same as mine with all matching numbers except for the mag for some reason.
    I figure the mags probably get mixed up when they put the pins in them

CGN Regular
    Can you let me know ASAP if you these are still in stock? It says in stock online but from the sounds of it on here you guys are all out?
    "When the law disallows both the means and moral authority to defend one's self and property, crime and violence fill the void between common sense and the hoped for utopia."

Quote Originally Posted by Brappp306 View Post
    Can you let me know ASAP if you these are still in stock? It says in stock online but from the sounds of it on here you guys are all out?
    Their website auto updates inventory. If the site says in stock it's true. They had ran out before then got more in, thus the thread has said different stats a few times

CGN Regular
    Still in stock. Just placed my order!

My wife suggested we stock up a bit on ammo, so I thought this was the best way to do it.

After all, who doesn't need an SKS and 1200 rounds to go with it?
    CSSA Member
    CCFR Member

Is it normal to have a hand engraved number on the Bolt Carrier? I've not seen this before but on one of the units I received this was there. What would that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrockets View Post
    Is it normal to have a hand engraved number on the Bolt Carrier? I've not seen this before but on one of the units I received this was there. What would that mean?
    That is an electro pen number. This is usually used on a part replaced by the depot or during refurb. If the part is recycled from another rifle, you can sometimes see the original stamped number Xed out (the infamous 'forced match')