Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stripped Lower - BLOWOUT

GunNutz
    Just what are they EDM-ing? EDM is a nasty expensive way to cut parts - very accurate, but expensive. (and, yes, I work in an EDM shop)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    Just what are they EDM-ing? EDM is a nasty expensive way to cut parts - very accurate, but expensive. (and, yes, I work in an EDM shop)
    Usually the mag well

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    no such thing as a pistol lower...
    as for classification they would have to unrestrict the ar by name and than it would fall into the NR class governed by barrel length deeming if your firearm is less than 16 " barrel its restricted so basically since the upper is interchangeable so easily with different barrel lengths the chances of this type of gun ever becoming unrestricted IMHO is 0%
    wish things were different but we live in canukistan
    Interchangeable barrels has nothing to do with the class. Thompson contender can be changed from a rifle to a pistol in minutes with uncontrolled parts. If that is done and not registered, then you are breaking the law.
    I believe you have 30 days to report the lower as a full firearm from the time it is completed as per my registration certificate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    Interchangeable barrels has nothing to do with the class. Thompson contender can be changed from a rifle to a pistol in minutes with uncontrolled parts. If that is done and not registered, then you are breaking the law.
    If your TC is a rifle, you can change it to be under 26" OAL, and it won't be a pistol but a restricted rifle.
    You can then, change it back to meet non-res requirements and unregister it.
    If it's registered as a pistol after you change parts, then it will always be a pistol from then on.

Never register your rifle as a pistol, register it as a restricted rifle based on OAL so you always have the option of going back to non-restricted.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12