Thread: Crown land shooting in lower mainland

Crown land shooting in lower mainland

hi, im new to shooting and want to let some rounds with a rifle off but im not sure of where to go. I know of the sylvester road area but was wondering if there is somewhere in the Chilliwack area that is safe to shoot with a decent backing. thanks for any tips

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookswooddad View Post
    hi, im new to shooting and want to let some rounds with a rifle off but im not sure of where to go. I know of the sylvester road area but was wondering if there is somewhere in the Chilliwack area that is safe to shoot with a decent backing. thanks for any tips
    I've moved from the lowermainland a few years back but I used to go shooting at a small gravel pit on the chillwack bench road.
    you have to drive up Chilliwack lake road, past the hatchery, turn at the chipmunk creek turn (first left after hatchery hill)
    drive to the the fork in road and bear left until you come to the pit on the right hand side.
    not sure if it's kosher to shoot there anymore but it did not fall into any "no shooting areas"
    no good for more than 50 yards or so but great for skeet and plinking 22's

others may know of other areas. most of the clear cuts we used to shoot in that had good mountain backstops are all grown in now so good places are harder to find.