Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New: Dominion Buck and Slug $149.99 per case

buckshot cycles flawlessly in my m4

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    sorry if its been stated, I didn't read the whole 12 pages. Is there specs on the 00buck anywhere? I hear its light, in fact so light it won't cycle some semis, so I want to know what fps it has, and if its actually good for hunting in place of other brands of 00buck. Price is great, and for blasting away at targets at the range, sure its great, but is it actual hunting ammo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    thanx. I don't have a semi, I more want to know how powerful it is. I know some reduced recoil stuff isn't the same as "real" 00buck
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

CGN Regular
    the only barrel i have that would shoot the slugs and buck would be my 18.5 cyllinder bore.

would that be just silly to do? (i've also got a 30 inch fixed full choke, obviously not a go) and a 24 inch rifled barrel, again not ideal for slugs i know)

I assume the buck would be just fine, so I plan to order a case of it. But I'd also like to try the slugs as long as it isn't a dumb noob mistake i do not know of?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Slugs and buck are good to go in all those. Buck will pattern terribly in the rifled barrel, but won't hurt anything.

Rifled barrel is perfect for those slugs.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

[QUOTE=jparent;10597303]Slugs and buck are good to go in all those. Buck will pattern terribly in the rifled barrel, but won't hurt anything.

Rifled barrel is perfect for those slugs.[/QUOTE]

Is it?

How about sabots?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    Slugs and buck are good to go in all those. Buck will pattern terribly in the rifled barrel, but won't hurt anything.

Rifled barrel is perfect for those slugs.
    I appreciate the reply, I did know the buck would not shoot well in a rifled barrel, but that's about the extent of what I know when it comes to rifled barrels. I thought that a rifled barrel was pretty much only for sabot slugs? is that true? There were lots of posts I saw on here earlier about people being hesitant to fire these round ball slugs through a rifled barrel?

am I wrong?
    *edited for typos.
    Last edited by wd123; 10-21-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Does the M4 run trap shells?
    my m4 works very good with trap shell. it cycles good with the oo buck shell purchased from Canammo, but not working with the slug at all..
    seems very weird.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    CanadaAmmo, Im getting ready to place another order.
    What price point does the free shipping kick in? I thought you mentioned $200?
    I'm just over $200 before taxes and it still shows shipping in my cart. If I bump it to $300+ the shipping cost is removed...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Please refresh the page and try again.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    thanx. I don't have a semi, I more want to know how powerful it is. I know some reduced recoil stuff isn't the same as "real" 00buck
    from what I've read about reduced recoil, it's only good for short range hunting and target practice and is easy to spot due to the short brass it's assembled with

sounds like it would go great with the backpacker or the outlaw. :o)