Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question: This a Good Buy / price for my 1st Good Rifle Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-55

Solid rifle, but I would rather buy a bone stock DD and buy a better optic. It's a good deal, just not my first choice in glass.

Also if it's your first rifle, get a stock one with irons and learn to shoot of that first. Add gear as you need it

I won't comment on the AR, I'm loster'er than you. I'm new to black rifles myself.
    I will tell you; Wolverine is a #1 dealer. Not the #1 but a #1. When they fulfill my request of moving to BC, I'll adjust my scale.

In my experience with scopes, a good do-all is a quality 1-4.
    Your magnification will adjust from 1x, up to 4x.
    1x magnification is great for CQ shooting, 4x for distance.
    A quality 1-4 will have a true 1x, where a budget model will be closer to 1.25x.

Any optic has a compromise, use iron sights until you can't see what you want to hit. It'll give you a better idea of what's going to work for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I am not a Bushnell fan but you definitely can't go wrong with a dd! 1.5- is a good medium power. I'd say its a good 15-300yard scope

I have the DDM4V7. You CAN'T go wrong with that rifle. Buy lot's of ammo because it shoots sweet...

CGN Regular
    if you have the extra money and just want the best go for it, but if I may, I'd suggest buying a cheaper used rifle off the EE and shooting it with iron sights, mastering the rifle in stock form and getting a feel for ar15s. You'll have a better appreciation of a finer rifle such as one made by Daniel Defense, and you can add all the accessories you need based on your experience with the stock rifle!

I don't have any ar15s for sale by the way

I'm also new to all of this I got the bare bones DDM4V5 and still working with the iron sights, and if done properly you can hit 300 yards with just the iron sights. you don't have to do it that way but an eotech or aim point set up will cost you as much as a second rifle, if $ is no issue then go for it, I'd be jealous, try zeroing your iron sights and learning to use that first. it's as much fun.

Extraordinary advice all, I'm narrowing down fast with your help what I need to know. I starting to think Ill buy both, or is that excessive ?
    #1: http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...EPR-Mount.aspx
    #2: http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...tom-Build.aspx

Follow-up #1
    Anyone know the best place to get Good prices/Specials for 1,000 Box of 5.56 ammo ?

Follow-up #2
    And a good sale place for a nice 1-4X scope, budget 500-1000 (absolute max , would prefer less)

Youve been awesome, and I appreciate it. Thinking of dong it next week, to take advantage of free shipping sale
    thx all
    Jean

#1 varies, norinco cases all over the place and my DD handled the MFS and Tula stuff great also
    #2 the Bushnell AR line has a 1-4 for about $200 again all over the place.

Check out the vortex viper pst 1-4 for a good budget 1-4 a comparison to similar offerings show me it's superior quality hands down.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Just on thursday I received an EoTech xps2-2 with the 3X multiplier. Awesome setup! very impressed and well worth the thousand dollars. Also I bought it from wolverine supplies, they were top notch as usual. Now I currently have this on my m14, but eventually when Wolverine Supplies gets my DD Mk18 in, that's what it'll be going on. So hopefully before summer is out. The only complaint I have regarding the optic, is the eye relief. At only 2.2", it's less than i'd prefer, but i think that issue will be mitigated once it's on the AR-15 platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthijm View Post
    Wow you guys rock

So that package needs no optics added, its all there? I must be blind... Is it the 1st or the 2nd I posted that has all I need, or both/

thx again gang, some of what wa ssaid was chinese to me

Like This "EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope. "

Eotech with 3x magnifer, I suppose is a scope ?
    CQB " what does this mean ?
    And why the comment, "not as precise as a scope" , those are not scopes? Im so lost, so any info welcome

Thx again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast