Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question: This a Good Buy / price for my 1st Good Rifle Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-55

Question: This a Good Buy / price for my 1st Good Rifle Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-55

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/16240/Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-556mm-With-Bushnell-15-6x24-BTR-1-Reticle-PEPR-Mount.aspx

It's on special, it's an M4, and looks pretty good overall

Does anyone have any idea also, what kind of Optics should I buy for medium range ; I am not an expert, I have a LOT to learn, but I seem to have a choice of optics or red dot , is taht right ?

Any ideas, everything is welcome

Thx all
    take care
    Jean-M
    PS this Rifle comes with the Mount right, so I should only need Optics , and a tripod ? Any advice model is also welcome

And this one as well, if I may Add

Daniel Defense M4 Carbine V5 5.56 Nato 16" with Bushnell Elite Tactical 1.5-6x24 Custom Build

JMG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    That is a gorgeous rifle and it comes with a mount and the optic. You won't be disappointed with that set-up but as to whether the price is good or not, I don't know offhand. If I were you I'd search out the rifle and mount and optic separately and compare. I don't think you will need a "tripod" but a bipod might be handy if you plan on shooting it off a bench or the ground...certainly not necessary for shooting "medium range" though.

Hey Jean, can't go wrong with DD, or purchasing from Wolverine. For optics you need to define what medium range means to you and decide what you think you want to accomplish. Other guys on here are much better versed in glass then me so I'll let them suggest prod. L3 eotech is a popular optic though maybe add tHe magnifier.
    Sig Sauer P226

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Great rifle. Optic would be fine for medium range, maybe not great for CQB... You need a true 1x for that. I run an EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauthijm View Post
    http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/16240/Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-556mm-With-Bushnell-15-6x24-BTR-1-Reticle-PEPR-Mount.aspx

It's on special, it's an M4, and looks pretty good overall

Does anyone have any idea also, what kind of Optics should I buy for medium range ; I am not an expert, I have a LOT to learn, but I seem to have a choice of optics or red dot , is taht right ?

Any ideas, everything is welcome

Thx all
    take care
    Jean-M
    PS this Rifle comes with the Mount right, so I should only need Optics , and a tripod ? Any advice model is also welcome
    That's a great package for a mid range AR buddy, great ar package to start! It's already got everything you are good to go, you don't need a bipod for that kit.
    Get some!!! ^^

Wow you guys rock

So that package needs no optics added, its all there? I must be blind... Is it the 1st or the 2nd I posted that has all I need, or both/

thx again gang, some of what wa ssaid was chinese to me

Like This "EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope. "

Eotech with 3x magnifer, I suppose is a scope ?
    CQB " what does this mean ?
    And why the comment, "not as precise as a scope" , those are not scopes? Im so lost, so any info welcome

Thx again!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Close Quarter Battle... Style of black rifle shooting with timed movement and multiple targets, usually 3-10 metres and lots of mag changes. Often using Red dot sight like an EoTech 552, aimpoint t1, vortex SPARC. These are all 1x (no magnifier). Allows for fast target acquisition and precise close aiming. Combine them with a slide to side magnifier like an EoTech G33 and you get instant 3x magnification for 100-200m shots.

I would say you picked a very good choice for a beginner rifle. As you realize what interests you most your "perfect rifle" will change. This specific package is extremely versatile. Dd is top quality, wolverine is the best retailer in canada IMO. Get this package and a couple 1000 5.56 and enjoy the summer shooting weather.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauthijm View Post
    Wow you guys rock

So that package needs no optics added, its all there? I must be blind... Is it the 1st or the 2nd I posted that has all I need, or both/

thx again gang, some of what wa ssaid was chinese to me

Like This "EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope. "

Eotech with 3x magnifer, I suppose is a scope ?
    CQB " what does this mean ?
    And why the comment, "not as precise as a scope" , those are not scopes? Im so lost, so any info welcome

Thx again!
    Both come with an optic by the looks of things...you didn't post a link for your second option but by the description it looks like it would.
    To be perfectly honest, I would buy the rifle first and some inexpensive BUIS (back up iron sights) and play with that for a while before buying an optic. It sounds like you don't know much about optics let alone what you need - I don't mean this as a criticism, I just think you will save money and be happier if you shoot your new rifle for a little while and then decide what kind of optic to go with. There are many choices and odds are if you buy a "package", six months from now you will be selling that scope on the EE and buying something else. If you were confident that was the rifle and scope you wanted, then those packages make sense. Sounds to me like you are kinda excited and wanting to jump in...get the rifle, shoot it a bit with BUIS, learn about the various optics available in the mean time, and then buy what suits the type of shooting you want to do. Then repeat. ARs are funny that way, you can't have just one

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast