Thread: SIG556 Lowers for Swiss Arms uppers

SIG556 Lowers for Swiss Arms uppers

Hello Wolverines,

I wanted to pose a question, please excuse me if it has been asked before, I could not find it.

I was wondering if it is possible to get SIG to import some SIG556's? I am pretty sure there is demand for this rifle alone as an outright cheaper but still quality alternative to the SA rifles, and I believe that the SA uppers are interchangeable onto the SIG lowers , thus allowing current SA upper owners the ability to mount there uppers on a non-prohibited platform.

The SIG556 lower has a AR15 mag-well, and I believe is not a military issue rifle in any sense, thus is not easily convertible to full auto (which I believe is the reason for SA rifles recent prohibition?), so I can't see any reason why it would not be allowed into Canada. I would be interested in a 16" (restricted) one if it is possible to import it. I see SIG AR's up here all over the internet, so wondering why this hasn't happened yet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sturmgewehr

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    They'd probably say something stupid like 556 = 55x lineage so already prohibited.

I might be mistaken but I believe the swiss arms upper is considered the "firearm" and is serialized which means the upper is the prohibited part, so unfortunately importing the lower wouldn't help..

The upper on the Swiss Arms is the controled component. You could more easily use a NEA lower but that doesn't change the status from prohib.
    Don't blame me... I voted CPC - Proud member of the CSSA

Sig 556 is prohibited

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Prohibited by name by the liberal government years ago, like AKs
    Let's say If you build a 22 cal rifle from scratch and you want to have it verified by the RCMP.
    If you name it tom dick 22, it would be non restricted
    If you name it AK 22, it would be prohibited by name
    If you name it sig 550/22, It would be prohibited by name
    If you name it mp5/22, prohibited by name.......I can go on and on....
    Stupid law makers at their finest
    Get some!!! ^^