Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Convincing a parent...

BANNED
    I would move your guns to the garage, slowly start moving your bed and television out there, then get a small fridge and a hotplate, Why not move into the garage with your guns, seems win win. But don't ask for permission to hang out there just start spending longer and longer spans of time out there.

Then when it is time put up a address number on the outside wall next to the door, a nice little awning would be cool with a welcoming mat, maybe an old golden lab to sleep out front.

Find a nice girl, get married have her move in, have a couple of kids.

Before you know it your mother will regret not letting you have guns in the house.

BTW what does Dad say?

Just cry and throw a hissy fit
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    All good suggestions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    Buy her Flowers...cut the grass....ask her "have YOU lost weight"..do the dishes....bring her a TIMS coffee unexpectedly...LOL
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

My nephews are in the same way. I suspect the big talkers here with their move-out-be-a-man advice aren't parents of grown children. Stay in school. You'll get your guns soon enough.

My nephews store their firearms at our place but, like boiling a frog, the mindset or their parents is changing as they see what we're once children moving into responsible adults. The trick has been to just drop the subject of storage completely. They'll likely allow them to keep guns just as they graduate post-secondary in two years. Oh well, it will be the thought that counts.

Whatever. If you can store them elsewhere, don't give up on what you want because of something you will eventually see as a very temporary inconvenience.

Good luck and patience.

CGN Regular
    its always easier to ask for forgiveness then permission! just a little life advice for yeah lol.... works well with a wife too. Just be sure to tell her in a area were there is nothing that can be chucked at you lol

CGN Regular
    Personally I went through this a couple years ago. I stored my one handgun at the time in a mini safe hidden in my room with no ammo in the house at all. It then came to me getting ammo and storing it seperatly. Which then became a big gun stash with guns everywhere lol. And thousands of rounds of ammo. Start with just one gun and no ammo and see if that works.

She offered you her compromise (the garage), work with that if you plan to live under "her" roof. You must have some money (you bought guns). Put some of that into securing the garage better and be done with it or wait until you get your career going and you're your own man and then have at er'. Patience is a very necessary tool in these troubling times.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Pretty much her house, her rules. You have the garage option, so reinforce that garage and there you go. Have you watched trailer park boys? Bubbles lived in a shed, why can't you?
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

When I was a teenager living at home my mom said the same thing "there will be no guns in this house as long as I'm here". She was raised in the city. But my dad was raised on a farm:D. By the time I left home I had around 7 guns and my parrents bought me my first gun cabinet.
    Kinda the same as when she said I couldn't have a hunting dog...while I was digging post holes for the kennel. The bluetick arived two days later.
    Sometimes you have to go the beg for permission route. I guess you have to figure out if it would start a war or she would get over it as mine did.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    NFA CSSA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast