Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Convincing a parent...

BANNED
    Suspect the garage will be damp, but that's a relatively easy fix. A low watt light bulb in a steel cabinet will do it. And fix the rest. Meanwhile, it sounds like you need to show mom you're responsible. Airsoft toys don't count towards that either. Having a part time job and helping around the house does though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Fixing the garage seems like a good start for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFromCanada View Post
    Your Mom's house. Her rules! If you're old enough to have a PAL then you're old enough to move out
    I feel the same. I think she had offered a compromise by allowing you to store them in the garage. Spend some money and fix the lock. Just remember when you pay the bills you can make the rules

You don't even know why she doesn't want fire arms in the house!
    No don't ask her she wont tell you cuz you'll be badgering her.
    When you hit a red light make a right, then a left.
    Wife said no Dog
    I started sending her cute videos of Boston Terrier, for 8 months and pointing out how lonely our young son was with out a play pal.
    His name is Texas and she is his champion.
    If you don't know how to talk to your own Mother and win her over, you should not move out, ... the world will fkn eat you alive.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Others have said it, but I'll say it again...

Fix the door on the garage, install an alarm & a camera. Store your guns there.

STAY IN SCHOOL and you'll be on your feet before you know it!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger View Post
    Buy her Flowers...cut the grass....ask her "have YOU lost weight"..do the dishes....bring her a TIMS coffee unexpectedly...LOL
    (...he wants her permission to have a gun in the house not marry her...)

My first thought is that kids usually don't convince their parents of much, because parents (even those who admit they don't know everything) are generally wiser than their kids and are typically in the right to think they know better.

That said, nothing is impossible. What I would do if I were you is talk about the option of getting a really heavy thick locked case, and if she would be okay if they were in the house with that caveat. Even though the guns would still be in the house, there is a big difference mentally between a gun sitting on the kitchen table and something that is out-of-sight in a solid locked case.

Thanks for the replies,

I'll just store them at my friends house and keep working on it.

To answer a question asked earlier, my dad is okay with it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    (...he wants her permission to have a gun in the house not marry her...)
    Pretty sure you have no clue how to treat a woman and melt her heart, I did stuff like that for my Mother now and then and she still remembers. Majority of woman love to be made to feel special and worth the little things.

And respecting her and treating her right will go along way, plus she will cherish her son even more because she knows he is a good man and she raised him.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by owl8055 View Post
    Thanks for the replies,

I'll just store them at my friends house and keep working on it.

To answer a question asked earlier, my dad is okay with it.
    Well when I was younger I was dieing to have a dirt bike mom said she didn't want me to get hurt, okay so Dad and I went out bought a used $300 dirt bike and a helmet and some pads, she was mad but my father took most of the abuse that night for me. To my surprise she came to me the next day with some ground rules. I think my Dad must have done something unmentionable for me.

Maybe you and your Dad can sell your Airsoft and get you a good cabinet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast