Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Convincing a parent...

Quote Originally Posted by Army Issue View Post
    You don't even know why she doesn't want fire arms in the house!
    No don't ask her she wont tell you cuz you'll be badgering her.
    When you hit a red light make a right, then a left.
    Wife said no Dog
    I started sending her cute videos of Boston Terrier, for 8 months and pointing out how lonely our young son was with out a play pal.
    His name is Texas and she is his champion.
    If you don't know how to talk to your own Mother and win her over, you should not move out, ... the world will fkn eat you alive.
    This is really true. When my son had conflicts with my ex, I always coached him on how to handle the situation. It's a good life skill!

I think your best bet for storing your firearms in the house is getting your mother comfortable around firearms. Pay for her PAL course. Help her study and get her licensed.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by owl8055 View Post
    Hi all,

I tried searching for a similar topic, but couldn't find anything.

I just got my PAL, but I've run into a roadblock. My mom doesn't want guns in the house. I've tried convincing her with the usual arguments, but nothing's worked. My mom isn't really an anti, she just doesn't like/isn't comfortable around guns. It took me 3 years just to get her to let me store airsoft guns in the house.

She's said I can store them the garage, but I'm not comfortable with that option as our garage is detached, 50 years old, and the door's lock hasn't worked since we moved in.

I can also store them at a friends house, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Moving out also isn't feasible(broke student).

Any ideas for what I could do to convince her? Anyone else been in a similar situation with a parent or spouse?

Thanks
    never been an issue, everyone at my house is fine with guns, its happening to my friend right now, hes storing all his guns with me..
    if I were you I would do it anyway or keep pestering them!!

Quote Originally Posted by shak541 View Post
    Personally I went through this a couple years ago. I stored my one handgun at the time in a mini safe hidden in my room with no ammo in the house at all. It then came to me getting ammo and storing it separately. Which then became a big gun stash with guns everywhere lol. And thousands of rounds of ammo. Start with just one gun and no ammo and see if that works.
    Had the same problem with my mom. Couldn't own guns became couldn't have them in the house, then long guns in the house but no ammo, then ammo and long guns but no handguns, then handguns but for the love of god not an AR! Now all of the above is GTG and it's not strange to walk around the house doing dry fire practice with the handguns or have a conversation while fondling the AR. Now mom comes skeet shooting with me 2-3 times a week and is looking at getting her own licence.
    CTSC
    PEIRA
    IPSCNB

Update:

Mother is now allowing guns in the house, just can't keep ammo in the house. Which is fine, and since I'm a reenactor I mostly use blanks and anyways.

As for those who said I don't know how to talk to my mother... I do. The problem is we're both very stubborn, and that isn't very conducive when it comes to settling arguments and making compromises.

Thank you for all the helpful comments.
    Last edited by owl8055; 08-05-2014 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Details

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345