Thread: Score 3'' #2 steel waterfowl loads

Score 3'' #2 steel waterfowl loads

Has anyone tried these on ducks and geese? How did they pattern? Great price on a case, would like a few reviews on these.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer madtrapper143's Avatar
    I bought a case of #2's and #3's. The load is only 1 1/8 oz ( cost saving on shot). This results ( I believe) in a slightly caved in crimp. No opportunity to use on real birds yet but I have shot clays with the shells. VERY hot loads with a loud BOOM when they fire. They did stick in the chamber of my Model 12 Heavy duck but my 1100 ran great on them. My buddy had good luck in his old browning auto 5 and his sisters 1187 Remington. They are a decent shell but I would not buy them again no reason but I prefer Challenger steel and the price is comparable. I have no pattern opinions for you but at 1550 fps I bet they are average at best. Dissected the Score ammo has very round and consistent shot and a Guliandi wad, premium components in my opinion.

regards, Darryl
    Proud Member IMP CYL Duck Club est. 2014

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I shot 2 cases of 3 inch #3 and 2 cases of 2 3\4 inch #3 last year. They work great, you won't be disappointed.

Not a big fan, bought a case and they patterned terrible and there seemed to be an inconsistent amount of shot in multiple hulls. If your looking for basic steel loads i suggest sticking with federals

Just ran out of the geese that I shot with the Score BBs (addicted to Goose Curry!). Had a couple ducks that I took with the #2s. This was shot out of my Remington VersaMax. No issues with feed or firing and I didn't notice a drop in the amount of birds on the deck. Patterned alright. For the price, and the maple leaf, I'm going to keep a few boxes of these around.