Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Have You Hugged your 858 Today?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    sorry to be all doom and gloom but being able to use our guns while the RCMP sit back and wait to destroy them dosent sit well with me......

Im hoping Grumpy has the custom recievers.... and maybe a NR barrel for me (yeah, I went chrome lined restricted barrel) down the road so I can make my CZ858 NR again (unless they call this "prohibited" too....... which I fathom the rCMP will do... its a variant! etc)
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    sorry to be all doom and gloom but being able to use our guns while the RCMP sit back and wait to destroy them dosent sit well with me......

Im hoping Grumpy has the custom recievers.... and maybe a NR barrel for me (yeah, I went chrome lined restricted barrel) down the road so I can make my CZ858 NR again (unless they call this "prohibited" too....... which I fathom the rCMP will do... its a variant! etc)
    Well you can have the glass is half empty, but I'll stay positive, because once this section is written into the new firearms act, the amnesty is not needed and the reclassification of these rifles becomes null and void. It sure beats the hell out of what the Liberals or NDP would have done for us and these are the most positive steps forwards I've seen in over 35 years of fighting these issues.

There isn't any custom receivers at this time. There also aren't any barrels available either.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I'm glad to see the government is taking the shooting community seriously. I hope they do recognize the serious threat the RCMP poses by circumventing policy and legislation. Going public shows me they are serious about following through. IMHO by extending the amnesty they are showing the rcmp who is in charge.

Most positive news I've seen since the RCMP prohib.

I suggest that if the RCMP's Gistapo still demand surrender of the 858's in the end that everyone gets a 45 gallon drum, fills it halfway with concrete, places the cut up receiver in the middle with a pipe sticking up to allow viewing of the serial numbers and then top it off with more concrete. Then call and request them to come and safely retrieve the firearm. Make it nice and easy for them! I think that would be a fantastic way to let them seize personal property all while maintaining public safety during their act of larceny. It would take some balls but man it would awesome to see the looks on their faces!!! What do you guys think?
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

Just about to head to the range when I had a concern................ Do I need to transport this 858 like a prohib? Or can I toss it in the trunk and be on my way?
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GtpSpecialEdition View Post
    Just about to head to the range when I had a concern................ Do I need to transport this 858 like a prohib? Or can I toss it in the trunk and be on my way?
    Just like you did before the prohib order, throw it in the trunk and away you go! (unless of course you do have the restricted version LOL)
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    so are you guys getting your 858s back so you can sell them? :D

Thanx Grumpy..... I'm out!
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."

Thanks Mike from Canmore for returning all the CZ's you were holding for us....
    Not off to the bush I go to use some of this ammo that has been getting dusty. WHHOOOHOOO!!!
    Instagram 👉 chesterfieldfox

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    He stated that in the new upcoming bill, that it will be permanently addressed with the section about curtailing the RCMP's ability to reclassify etc. This was just an intern step to allow us to carry on business as usual with out beloved little rifles.
    We need to keep up the (polite) pressure though to make sure this does happen.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans