frangible ammo

Thread: frangible ammo

Tags: None
  1. Newfie_1986 said:

frangible ammo

Looking to buy some frangible 5.56 but every time I try to purchase and change the number of items purchased it reverts back to one when I look for a shipping quote ??? What am I doing wrong ?
  2. AmmoSupply Kate said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    Looking to buy some frangible 5.56 but every time I try to purchase and change the number of items purchased it reverts back to one when I look for a shipping quote ??? What am I doing wrong ?
    When you adjust the quantity, hit the button to the right that looks like a 3/4 circle (when you hover your mouse over it says update) and that should fix your issue. If you still have issues, pm me and I will give you a quote! Sometimes some browsers have issues, if you are following the instructions and having issues, you can try a different browser and see if that helps.

BabySeal said:
    This is interesting ammo with mixed reviews all over the web.

That pretty much makes it a must buy for me.

I was just reading the WHMIS data sheet for this ammo and it states that the bullet is made of compressed copper powder and contained in a copper jacket. But it also states there is "Zytel nylon" used in the bullet.

Do these bullets have a plastic tip?

I have read on another forum that the bullet itself is almost 1" long, so I am just curious about its construction.

Thanks!

Death said:
    I'm not sure on the bullet length but I have shot some of this. It has a brown tip,possibly nylon. Shoots good and leaves a unique copper splash pattern on Steel targets. I'll take some photos next time I'm blasting some close range steel.

Left to right
    62gr XM855 / 55gr XM193f / 50gr XM556NT1

BabySeal said:
    Thanks!

I see these as a cheaper way to get Barnes Varmint Grenades results provided you have a 1 in 7" twist barrel.

thenewbieglockguy said:
    This will be my first order from you guys. Is there any discount for using EMT or being a first time customer? Also if you by more is there any deal. Thanks and look forward to doing business.
  7. AmmoSupply Kate said:
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewbieglockguy View Post
    This will be my first order from you guys. Is there any discount for using EMT or being a first time customer? Also if you by more is there any deal. Thanks and look forward to doing business.
    We normally put some freebies in the box - we currently have some super nice paracord keychains that you'll get as a new customer, plus some free targets I'll shoot you a PM!

thenewbieglockguy said:
    Great. Thanks so much!

Donster 125 said:
    i must have been told mis-information, but isn't frangible ammo illegal for civilian purchase and only available to MIL/LE?

CraigNConnor said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    i must have been told mis-information, but isn't frangible ammo illegal for civilian purchase and only available to MIL/LE?

You have been misled

Or Kate would not be selling it