Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frangible ammo

CGN Regular

frangible ammo

Looking to buy some frangible 5.56 but every time I try to purchase and change the number of items purchased it reverts back to one when I look for a shipping quote ??? What am I doing wrong ?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    Looking to buy some frangible 5.56 but every time I try to purchase and change the number of items purchased it reverts back to one when I look for a shipping quote ??? What am I doing wrong ?
    When you adjust the quantity, hit the button to the right that looks like a 3/4 circle (when you hover your mouse over it says update) and that should fix your issue. If you still have issues, pm me and I will give you a quote! Sometimes some browsers have issues, if you are following the instructions and having issues, you can try a different browser and see if that helps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    This is interesting ammo with mixed reviews all over the web.

That pretty much makes it a must buy for me.

I was just reading the WHMIS data sheet for this ammo and it states that the bullet is made of compressed copper powder and contained in a copper jacket. But it also states there is "Zytel nylon" used in the bullet.

Do these bullets have a plastic tip?

I have read on another forum that the bullet itself is almost 1" long, so I am just curious about its construction.

Thanks!

I'm not sure on the bullet length but I have shot some of this. It has a brown tip,possibly nylon. Shoots good and leaves a unique copper splash pattern on Steel targets. I'll take some photos next time I'm blasting some close range steel.

Left to right
    62gr XM855 / 55gr XM193f / 50gr XM556NT1

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Thanks!

I see these as a cheaper way to get Barnes Varmint Grenades results provided you have a 1 in 7" twist barrel.

CGN frequent flyer thenewbieglockguy's Avatar
    This will be my first order from you guys. Is there any discount for using EMT or being a first time customer? Also if you by more is there any deal. Thanks and look forward to doing business.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewbieglockguy View Post
    This will be my first order from you guys. Is there any discount for using EMT or being a first time customer? Also if you by more is there any deal. Thanks and look forward to doing business.
    We normally put some freebies in the box - we currently have some super nice paracord keychains that you'll get as a new customer, plus some free targets I'll shoot you a PM!

CGN frequent flyer thenewbieglockguy's Avatar
    Great. Thanks so much!

i must have been told mis-information, but isn't frangible ammo illegal for civilian purchase and only available to MIL/LE?

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    i must have been told mis-information, but isn't frangible ammo illegal for civilian purchase and only available to MIL/LE?

You have been misled

Or Kate would not be selling it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast