Thread: Shooting a restricted at a club without a membership

CGN Regular

Shooting a restricted at a club without a membership

Right now I have only NR guns. I don't shoot much, less than ten times a year. Usually it's Silverdale or a friend's acreage.

I want to buy a handgun and shoot it but I think it's too much to pay $300 a year for a membership just to shoot a few times.

Do I have any other options, or is membership the only way?

What if I somehow did the orientation course at a range and then apply for an ATT (whether long term, or on a per-occasion basis)?
    NFA member

BANNED
    You could go as a guest with a friend that has restricteds. If not i'm sure someone in the mentor's thread would be willing to take you.
    That could be your best option. I mean if or rather when (cause i'm waiting for my R right now) if i had a restricted it would be fun to shoot with someone, as long as you pay for your ammo loll
    Unfortunately i'm not in your neighbourhood but i just know someone is available.

BANNED
    Hi. Ontario's CPFO has decided that since you cannot shoot restricteds anywhere but on an approved range and said ranges are owned or rented by the clubs, you must be a club member to shoot restricted firearms. Supposedly will not authorise a transfer if you put target shooting as your reason but don't belong to a club. More of their Policies.
    You will not get an LTATT, in Ontario, without being a club member. The clubs sponsor their members for the ATT. Nothing new about that part. You might get an STATT though.
    Generally, if you put collecting as your reason, there's no shooting.

For the few times a year, rent club guns. Otherwise the range membership is part of playing the game