Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website changes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Website changes

So we have changed the website around a bit.

Might make it a little easier to find things now vs the Civy/Military categories.

The new categories are:

OSTS Outdoors - You'll find all the kayaks, camping, climbing etc here

OSTS Tactical - You'll find all shooting, military, "tactical" etc products here

OSTS Training - You'll find info about upcoming courses here.

Check it out here! :D
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I must say, and sorry but I think its a legitimate complaint, that a while ago you made a change and since then I despise your website! I don't want to sound hars but it's true. I don't have a laptop or desktop anymore since I wasn't using them, I only got my phone. With my phone your site FORCE me to go to the mobile site, as with all mobile site there is less option and it's really slow to fing stuff! I hate mobile site, web app and all the such.

Would it just be possible for you to allow mobile phone user to access your destop site as I use to love that site?

Thank you very much
    a concern customer

^^^ BINGO! I'm in the same boat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Would it just be possible for you to allow mobile phone user to access your destop site as I use to love that site?
    We use Shopify for our website due to many improved features it offered us. Unfortunately they control all the features that fall under how the websites are viewed on mobile. We are speaking with them about changing this.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Thank you!

On a side note I have no clue why in the world people even want web apps :s they just suck so much !

For some reason it keeps telling me that my postal code and address don't match. I've triple checked that they are correct. This is strange since I had a successful order last week with the same info?
    "Send it!"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    I must say, and sorry but I think its a legitimate complaint, that a while ago you made a change and since then I despise your website! I don't want to sound hars but it's true. I don't have a laptop or desktop anymore since I wasn't using them, I only got my phone. With my phone your site FORCE me to go to the mobile site, as with all mobile site there is less option and it's really slow to fing stuff! I hate mobile site, web app and all the such.

Thank you very much
    a concern customer

Sorry... but just to be clear, you limited yourself to a mobile device, and now you're complaining that you're limited to mobile sites, because of it?

Just a heads up, after I read your post, I checked the OSTS site on my smart phone, and it works great! There is virtually no difference in the lay-out, functionality or accessibility with my mobile. Maybe it's your device.

BANNED
    New site looks really good guys, works fine for me, pc and mobile. (Samsung G S4)

Wolf
    Last edited by thewolfchild; 07-27-2014 at 03:49 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Cool! A little easier to find stuff now but it would be nice to sort the firearms into handguns, rifles and shotguns. But then again, it's just two pages for now so it's not too bad.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    New site look really good guys, works fine for me, pc and mobile. (Samsung G S4)

Wolf
    OSTS site forces mobile view on my S3, S4 and S5 as well as the Note 2 and HTC one the girl has. Could not tell you if this is a android only as I refuse to touch apple product.

And before you try to mount your white horse to make attempts to defend the retailers honour, I have bought and will continue to buy more than you could imagine from Daren.

Daren, glad to read you'll have the technonauts look into the site for mobile access. Lord knows I love to window browse new kit when bored on the phone and it can be a pain to navigate. I think it would be smart to down the road invest in a mobile driven site/app if the techs cant go desktop view. It might take time but Im sure Rally Guy would agree that a fluid navigational site would be better and worth the wait. Though if I could figure out how to make the mobile app somehow to do with Kayaks I know there'd be a fire under your rear on it :P.

Speaking of was on patrol cruising and saw a kayak shop do something really cool for display; stuck a lamp in the well so that it was effectively a giant kayak lamp shade. Thought you'd like that while on the topic of advertisement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast