Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Think you guys addicted me to the 45 acp....

Get a Sig P227 or save your change and get a FNP45 TAC. That's if you've already gotten yourself a series 70 1911.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

I'm split between 9mm vs 45acp. Read a ton of never ending debates between the two and seems I flip flop back and forth. I've decided on the S&W M&P pistol because I'm a lefty and own the M&P22, love it and I've been practicing much with it. I'm concerned with ammo availability in 45acp. Doesn't seem like a whole lot out there. Seems like 9mm Luger is much more available. Also Wanstalls has the M&P 9mm in both the Range and Pro series. Really having a hard time deciding! There can only be one.... any advice or recommendations for this Canadian gun nut?
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

I too am a big 45acp fan, own four in that caliber and will likely add two more by the end of the year. Its a real pleasure to shoot and yes I would agree there is just something about the sound and recoil felt through a 1911 frame. I love swapping between the 45 and going immediately to the 9mm and then back again. Let me know how that HK works, I have lots of experience with their 9mm pistold and have been eyeing up that exact one...that said my tune might change with the 357 on its way lol.

Got a .45 for my first pistol way back just because there bad ass. Punches big holes which also makes it easier to see at 25 yds.
    I like pistols

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
    Got a .45 for my first pistol way back just because there bad ass. Punches big holes which also makes it easier to see at 25 yds.
    That's it exactly. Nothing more badass than my 1911 in 45 acp. It just feels so right!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I wanted to pick up another 45, i was thinking getting another Les Baer but i all ready have one and i love it, my Glock dont excite me, it is a much boringly reliable pistol with an awful trigger ( Glock have no sole, they are san flavor, san odor, plainly dull) after some reading it was a toss between the FNX and the HK but my next one will be another 1911, i will alternate in the future.... 1911/ FNX-45/ 1911/ Sig Sauer...Etc...
    But i can not bring myself to buy one other than a Les Baer, now than i know what perfect mecanic it is and how accurate they are....
    I am sure many 1911 are superb firearms but why change... Just saying... JP.

The Springfield Professional Model is the best high buck bargain in 1911A1s.

For the comparable amount of money spent, you get a master gunsmith hand fitted and finished pistol identical to the ones commissioned to the reliability and accuracy specs of the FBI's Hostage Rescue Teams. Not even the builders know if the one they are finishing is destined for you or the Bureau.

Also I believe that ale Baer used to work for Springfield.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dench View Post
    I love shooting it but can never hit what I am aiming at. I need more practice and probably a teacher.
    Just shoot first and call whatever you hit,, "the target"!! Love my lowly Norc .45 bought 3 with canams sale also have a S&W 100th aniv. .45 but haven't fired it yet, if I decide not to then I will sell and get another that I will shoot!! I like the bumble bee analogy, hits the nail on the head! That puppy will float like a butterfly, sting like a bee too!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I have no problems believing that any custom 1911 at 2K + will be top notch, just saying when you know for sure that one is up there, one less chance of making a mistake by choosing one you dont know about, but every high end custom must be stellar, it is hard to think otherwise... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    Wish I had passed on making the .45 my first pistol (Damn you Canam, and your great prices!!!) Only 3 trips out to the range and I'm already falling in wuv. Man, I wish I could hate this gun, like Yeager does...sell it and get m'self a Glock 17.

Only 3 sessions in, and already I've gone from rounds all over the place 'to the right of the bullseye' to rounds in a pie plate-sized mass, neatly 'to the right of the bullseye.'
    Just get a G21 and your life will be complete.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast