Thread: Restricted Storage

Restricted Storage

Can I store a handgun in same case that I use to transport it with, or do I need to get some kinda safe?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Svyn View Post
    Can I store a handgun in same case that I use to transport it with, or do I need to get some kinda safe?
    Kind of....
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    You can store the firearm in the transportation case. Just keep in mind that open-cell foams tend to trap moisture in there, which is bad for long term storage. Keep it dry and maybe throw a few packs of desiccant in there.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../FullText.html

STORAGE OF RESTRICTED FIREARMS

6.#An individual may store a restricted firearm only if

(a)#it is unloaded;

(b)#it is

(i)#rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii)#stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

(c)#it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i)#a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii)#a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    try too go a little above as what the law requires just to be on the safe side.
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmsoldat View Post
    try too go a little above as what the law requires just to be on the safe side.
    This ^^ put a lock on a drawer or a cabinet and stick it in but it would be better to find some kind of steel case stack-on style to let it breathe like the other guy said moisture is your ennemy

Edit : $50 h ttp://www.amazon.ca/Digital-Office-Steel-Contruction-Misc/dp/B000B5YHPI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406942364&sr=8-2&keywords=safes
    ships from BC
    Last edited by kobs; 08-01-2014 at 09:22 PM.