Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle Transportation both (non) Restricted.

I have carried restricted on my bike...opaque locked case,trigger locked,locked saddlebag, the other saddlebag holds my locked ammo box. Legal yes. With a non restricted or a rifle I would not recommend it even if it is legal...if you do let me know and I will ride with you and film it to put on youtube...I would love to see the local leo's reaction.
    I want a phased plasma rifle with a 40 vatt range

It'll happen, but like I said, I'll have it in a guitar case, not a freaking advertizing gun case. *facepalm*

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsnighttrain View Post
    I have carried restricted on my bike...opaque locked case,trigger locked,locked saddlebag, the other saddlebag holds my locked ammo box. Legal yes. With a non restricted or a rifle I would not recommend it even if it is legal...if you do let me know and I will ride with you and film it to put on youtube...I would love to see the local leo's reaction.
    come a few more hours north-east... my ATV doesnt fit in because i dont have a gun case bolted to the rack yet lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandley View Post
    What is an upper and lower (remembering this is a newbie section of the forum)?
    Well, for an AR15 the "lower" is the part with the magazine well, the trigger, the grip, and the buttstock. The "upper" is the part with the barrel, the bolt carrier group, and the charging handle. The two parts are connected using two takedown pins. For the AR15 only the lower receiver is considered to be the firearm. The upper is an accessory. It's very handy especially with longer barrels, as sometimes you can reduce the overall length by half, giving you many more storage and transport options. Plus it gives very easy access to the barrel for cleaning.

In this picture, the rear takedown pin has been pushed out, allowing the upper to hinge on the front pin.

So you could do something like lock the lower into a saddlebag or backpack or something, and that would be legal. Just don't try to insert it into your horse's rear storage compartment...they tend to kick when you do that.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

That's a hell of a response! Thanks!!

I talked to a cop about this very thing (carrying on a bicycle) a couple of weeks ago, [for non-restricted as long as it's unloaded you're legal]. He recommended the firearm be in a case and not visible to avoid alarming other people, the implication being that if they're getting calls about a guy on a bike with a rifle they would have to respond and that would be a hassle for both of us. He also recommended locking the firearm, but mostly as a safety precaution.

For restricted [it must be unloaded, locked and in a locked case to be legal] he recommended putting the case in a backpack or something that would be difficult to get at in a hurry just to minimize the chance that if you get stopped you could get charged with concealed carry.

Of course you also need to be carrying your PAL and, if you have a restricted firearm with you, your registration and ATT.

On my old XT250T I would ride all the time with my Dom Arms 12.5" 870 in a Voodoo Tactical Scabbard slung on my back, with literally a big wool winter sock over the protruding part of the butt stock so that the firearm is technically completely covered.

Never been pulled over cause of it but got stared down by easily 150 different other drivers on the road as they passed me or I passed them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12