Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often will you run into Officer while shooting?

BANNED
    None of it has anything to do with the FA.
    You're far more likely to run into a CO than a cop. CO's seem to come out of the trees. Good guys just doing their job.
    As long as you're obviously shooting targets in a safe place(good back stop and knowing exactly what is behind it out to several klicks) you're fine.
    Just remember that there are hordes of assorted riff-raff using Crown Land too. Any of it remotely close to Etobicoke(grew up near Burnhamthorpe and Martingrove) will be infested with hikers, picnickers and cross country skiers in winter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    If the new guy just completed the course he should be well aware of what he can and cannot do with a firearm.
    Really? The safety course is all encompassing?

You of all people, having posted so much in the legal types sections of this forum, should know that the laws and regulations surrounding firearms in this country are far from straight forward and able to be taught fully in that simple, basic course that covers handling and storage.

Respectfully, Stop looking down your nose at the next generation. You aren't helping to "stand together" with that attitude.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    If you combine his first post to his second, I'm worried he either is looking to break the law and not get caught, or is trolling for info for his next cbc article.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    If you combine his first post to his second, I'm worried he either is looking to break the law and not get caught, or is trolling for info for his next cbc article.
    Even more reason to help him and be polite.

If he breaks the law we all look bad. If he is the media, we shouldn't be presenting ourselves as confrontational and critical of newcomers.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silveragent's Avatar
    RJD, what the hell
    ---
    Home club : PCDHFC, shoots IPSC, black rifles, hunts badly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    ^^^^
    Bingo!

As always on CGN, a dick measuring contest ensues.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Not at all so far, but I never shoot anywhere but my own land and in the back portion which borders on 10,000 acres of crown land that was cut 15 years ago. My land and the crown land is almost trackless with thick second growth and I shoot in the middle of it.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

CGN Regular
    I shoot on crown land all the time and never once run into authorities. I tend to stick way off the beaten path and avoid the devastated areas full of blown up stuff, garbage and burnt cars as these areas are heat scores for authorities and disturbing say the least.

This is why we as sport shooters get a bad reputation. I blow up stuff all the time in the bush with tannerite and when I leave you would never know I was there. I never leave my garbage and pick up as many shells as possible.

That being said always have license, play by the mag rules, pick up after yourself and know where you’re directing your fire. Then it won’t matter if you run into them or not. There is also ammo rules on crown land (steel core FMJ vs Soft points) but I tend to shoot what I have and no the placement of the rounds.

CGN Regular
    Duplicate post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Even more reason to help him and be polite.

If he breaks the law we all look bad. If he is the media, we shouldn't be presenting ourselves as confrontational and critical of newcomers.
    I agree. However, it appears as though after not getting the answer he wanted in thread 1, he tried to get around it with thread 2.....

Hopefully he knows that won't work, here or on crown land.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast