Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often will you run into Officer while shooting?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    I agree. However, it appears as though after not getting the answer he wanted in thread 1, he tried to get around it with thread 2.....

Hopefully he knows that won't work, here or on crown land.
    Asking if you can shoot a restricted on your own land or crown land, while then asking how often you run into LEO on crown land are both interesting first posts. That being said I stick to my point.

It is always better to be helpful and polite until it is no longer beneficial to your own safety, be it physically or politically.

If he is a newb, best to keep him on the right path. If he is the media, best to present our best image lest we become the focus of a negative, vexatious article as part of the anti spin machine.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Agree 100% Fenceline
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

I agree. However, it appears as though after not getting the answer he wanted in thread 1, he tried to get around it with thread 2.....

Hopefully he knows that won't work, here or on crown land.
    Does this mean we are going to finally see an article based on facts, not ignorance and fear mongering? We all started somewhere, so let us educate them, then!

To the OP...
    You may never run into anyone else in the bush, let alone a CO or an RCMP officer, but always be aware of your target and beyond.
    You break the law and get caught and you will pay the price for doing so. CGN is filled with a wealth of information and using the search engine along with the different subsections of each sub-forum will allow you access to this information.

EDIT: +1 Fenceline
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

If you combine his first post to his second, I'm worried he either is looking to break the law and not get caught, or is trolling for info for his next cbc article.
    Yes, a very suspicious first and second post after he introduced himself, and saying he completed the CFSC for a PAL and is going for his RPAL. Very suspicious indeed.

My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "RJD". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    A legitimate concern for target shooters is being accused of hunting / poaching by CO's.
    Be sure you can prove targets are all you're shooting and everything will be fine.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Gone shooting on crown land once. And ran into a conservation officer once. He was more upset with the parking job than the guns.

And we were shooting Tavors, Type 97s and vz58s. So not your typical mainstream stuff.
    Yea. That was kind of interesting... never checked our PALs, guns or anything. Never even got to pull out the KSG. Going to have to go out again soon!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Not sure about any other province but it's my understandng that here in NB if you are shooting outside of an approved range you need to have a hunting license.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Sunray commented that's why this thread went to ####...

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    14 months later we've solved it! Good work detective necro

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackWatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Not sure about any other province but it's my understandng that here in NB if you are shooting outside of an approved range you need to have a hunting license.
    Yes
    Same in Nova Scotia.
    The CO will fine you and take your guns if you do not have a hunting license/wildlife card.
    Each province has its own firearms act called hunting regulations.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast