Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often will you run into Officer while shooting?

How often will you run into Officer while shooting?

Lets say I am shooting targets on crown land but I dont have a hunters license, is it fine?

How often will I realistically run into a conservation or law enforcement officer while shooting on crown land?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Gone shooting on crown land once. And ran into a conservation officer once. He was more upset with the parking job than the guns.

And we were shooting Tavors, Type 97s and vz58s. So not your typical mainstream stuff.
    Last edited by fenceline; 07-29-2014 at 11:46 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Why do you need a hunters license to shoot?
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have met up with COs and OPP many times while playing outdoors. I have even had OPP come onto my 50 acre bush lot and start looking around for me. They tend to respond to gunfire fairly quickly and they usually leave just as fast once they realize no laws are being broken. Just make sure you are playing safe and I always say it is advisable to keep any literature pertaining to any of your "non mainstream" toys. EI, if it's black and scary, you should know your FRT#. If you use LAR, Beowolf mags, Glock mags in an NR rifle, etc keep a copy of special bulletin 72 on you.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseAndToasted View Post
    Lets say I am shooting targets on crown land but I dont have a hunters license, is it fine?

How often will I realistically run into a conservation or law enforcement officer while shooting on crown land?
    OK you need to do some research and not asking basic questions that you can find by reading the mass of posts already on this site or others, or by READING the FIREARM ACT.
    You are exhibiting an excess of laziness with your 2nd thread started with topics that have been covered a thousand times before, and easily found if one actually looks.

I'm going to speculate here, that you are affiliated with the OPP or the Ontario CFOs office or some anti gun liberal "journalist" looking to get some angle for a story.
    Last edited by RJD; 07-29-2014 at 11:56 AM.

My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "RJD". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    OK you need to do some research and not asking basic questions that you can find by reading the mass of posts already on this site or others, or by READING the FIREARM ACT.
    You are exhibiting an excess of laziness with your 2nd thread started with topics that have been covered a thousand times before, and easily found if one actually looks.
    Be nice to the new guy. He is just trying to educate himself by seeking advice. From his opening post he just finished his pal course, and is taking his RPAL in a few weeks. As green as they get.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

If you are upset with his thread dont comment on it or read it!
    no need to show so much agression to a fellow gun owner, we stand together or we dont stand at all!
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

If the new guy just completed the course he should be well aware of what he can and cannot do with a firearm.

My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "RJD". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseAndToasted View Post

If the new guy just completed the course he should be well aware of what he can and cannot do with a firearm.
    Where is he asking what he can and cannot do with a firearm? His question was "how often will he run into authorities"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    Not necessarily if the class I took the course with a few years back is any indication.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast