Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need A Few More Mags forthe M305 or the M1A??

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swbw2000 View Post
    Crap. Now I find another thread claiming these mags are junk.
    What say you grumpy?
    I've been running them myself. As with any makers mags, I always take them apart, clean the interior good, check the bend on the follower legs (have had a couple the I bent inwards a bit as they were dragging on the mag body fairly good, and then when I reassembly I always use a skinny long bladed screwdriver to make sure that I have the spring coils above the dimple in the body. I have had no issues with any of the mags I have run. You might find they are a little stiff on insertion as well, but working them in and out a few time (stay on track here fellas), slicks up the Parkerizing and makes it nice very quickly.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Ordered 5. Great price, thanks!
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

I got a few of these and you definitely need to take them apart and fix the springs. 1 out of the five was usable out of the box the other 4 had to be adjusted to get the springs right over the crimping for the 5 round limit. Once done they function fine a bit snug fit but a quick sanding of the domino thingy can solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I've been running them myself. As with any makers mags, I always take them apart, clean the interior good, check the bend on the follower legs (have had a couple the I bent inwards a bit as they were dragging on the mag body fairly good, and then when I reassembly I always use a skinny long bladed screwdriver to make sure that I have the spring coils above the dimple in the body. I have had no issues with any of the mags I have run. You might find they are a little stiff on insertion as well, but working them in and out a few time (stay on track here fellas), slicks up the Parkerizing and makes it nice very quickly.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I think they are a really good magazine personally. I've had mags that cost way more than these that needed more tweaking to get them to run as good.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

These hold bullets and put them into the gun

They're a little rough going in and coming out at first, but after a while they smooth out. The followers jam up a little bit sometime too.

That being said, I bought 4. Cheaper than AR mags!

So no weld in the floor plate?

Picked up 2, perfect timing as I was just in the market for some.

My M14 mags go in very tight but don't lock into place. I've tried being gentle, tried giving them a respectable slap, made sure I'm at the right angle...

My old mags fit in and lock into place easily, and even have a slight jiggle. Then they pop out easy when I hit the mag release.

Feels like maybe the follower needs to be ground down because it's hitting the slide stop mechanism so it can't get high enough for the catch to lock it in. Is this a common issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12