Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NAM Style M-16

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sporting Lad. Did you see the picture in the other CA M-16 thread of a scope mounted Iranian made M-16 in action in Syria? He has a chin weld to make it work. I don't know how to bring it over to this thread!

They come with a 1:12 or a 1:9 twist rate barrel . Which is preferable ? I doubt I will be doing any re-loading for a while , as I just got back into shooting within the last 2 years . Also , I will be shooting whatever cheap ammo I can find . I only shoot surplus out of my Mosins/SVT/SKS's now and would likely do the same with this AR . So , again , which barrel do I want ? Thanks,
    ZS
    Last edited by Zombie Stalker; 08-09-2014 at 12:31 PM.

CGN Regular
    I decided to go with a 16" M-4 type with a detachable carrying handle/sight. This way I'll have the option of removing the handle and going 'flat-top'
    when I decide to add the optic and BUIS.
    SL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Stalker View Post
    They come with a 1:12 or a 1:9 twist rate barrel . Which is preferable ? I doubt I will be doing any re-loading for a while , as I just got back into shooting within the last 2 years . Also , I will be shooting whatever cheap ammo I can find . I only shoot surplus out of my Mosins/SVT/SKS's now and would likely do the same with this AR . So , again , which barrel do I want ? Thanks,
    ZS
    I went with the 1:12 I'll only be using Norinco 55 gr. ammo. Got mine yesterday. Soaked in oil of course. But looks like finish is better on the Dominion arms M-16 then my Norinco M-4. The 12 " rifleing is engraved on the left side of mag well. So no mixing up of guns.

I believe there is a market for some of the retro stuff. Instead of trying to tailor each rifle to everyone's varied requests why not bring the parts in separate as well. The current C8 light barrelled rifle would make a nice "Nam" style carbine with the A1 upper or even a XM177 with the addition of the 10.5" barrel. I notice you carry some AR barrels without the front sight. I would include these barrels with the front sight installed and have a AR parts section. After all the AR is like Lego. If the parts are there the lads will build them. With your prices one can afford to build several. Just my 2 cents
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Aren't those the ugly OLD Norinco 311???

Card carrying Conservative and converter of the uneducated!

I'm always outnumbered because I'm surrounded by idiots…

CGN Regular

Thumbs up Old Buttstock...

Sure! I'd like to put an old-style one piece buttstock on my 16" AR; I think I'd need a longer buffer/spring, too.
    Surely some company must be marketing these parts?

Forgive my ignorance. I'm not an AR style owner yet but could the stock and hand guard be swapped out for better newer upgrades?
    Or did they not build than like that back then?
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting Lad View Post

Sure! I'd like to put an old-style one piece buttstock on my 16" AR; I think I'd need a longer buffer/spring, too.
    Surely some company must be marketing these parts?

There's a guy selling full retro A1 parts on the EE

Look up the member PMLT 3-08

It's in the accessories modern black and green rifles.

Actual A1 stocks, triangular handgaurds and grips!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    Forgive my ignorance. I'm not an AR style owner yet but could the stock and hand guard be swapped out for better newer upgrades?
    Or did they not build than like that back then?
    I ordered a rifle with the 1-in-9" twist barrel. Fit and finish is pretty rough but I didn't buy it for looks. The handguard is absolutely horrendous and needs to be replaced ASAP. I have swapped out the handguard, pistol grip, trigger guard mad rifle stock for Magpul MOE parts in OD green. Looks pretty sharp. My registration certificate just arrived in the mail today so I plan on shooting it tomorrow.

I'd post pictures but Flickr blows and I have to find a new site to host the pictures.