Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NAM Style M-16

CGN Regular
    Well, I really do like the 'traditional' look of this rifle, but I'm going to have to pass on it since I'd be unable to mount any optical device. I guess I'll just have to find another variant with a 20" barrel and a removable carrying handle/flat top that's reasonably priced. Or make one! (;0 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Sporting Lad View Post
    Well, I really do like the 'traditional' look of this rifle, but I'm going to have to pass on it since I'd be unable to mount any optical device. I guess I'll just have to find another variant with a 20" barrel and a removable carrying handle/flat top that's reasonably priced. Or make one! (;0 ]
    You just gotta get more Black Hawk Down with it

CGN Regular
    Cool! OK, now if that doesn't put my sightline up way too high, what is that mount/rail? Is that a hole I'd need to drill in the handle? Can you send me some lynx? That could cause me to order one of these ARs.

I guess we Gunnutz are lucky to be in CANADA (!) since these Norcs are NA in America.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Thx for your reply, #1bc. Now please explain to me the rifle in your pics. Did one of these DA556s form the basic platform for it, or is yours something else entirely?

SL
    Norinco 311 (basically the same as DA556) with USGI stock , grip , hand guard & early M16 flash hider
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Regular
    How does the fit and finish on these DA AR15s compare to earlier Norincos? Anybody have a new one yet?

While we're talking about 'Nam era M16 clones.... Here's mine. All Colt and/or USGI parts.

Adam

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Cool! OK, now if that doesn't put my sightline up way too high, what is that mount/rail? Is that a hole I'd need to drill in the handle? Can you send me some lynx? That could cause me to order one of these ARs.

I guess we Gunnutz are lucky to be in CANADA (!) since these Norcs are NA in America.
    No need to drill.
    Like I said in last post the A1 is made to mount a sight just a little higher than standard modern ones.
    There is a hole in the center of the carry handle between the ribs for mounting the scope base.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gewehr76's Avatar
    Police state Ontario, sometimes on OPP patrolled 400
    Here is my parts bastard as well
    Je bastardise les deux langues officielles. I bastardise both official languages.
    Я наебываю оба официальных языка Канады

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
    You know you are a real GunNut when you unknowingly start practicing trigger control on power tools.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you want or need a higher cheek weld. Just use one of those stock wrap around bolt through kydex ones. I use one on my scopeed M-14. Adjustable and comfortable. Oh Yeah !! I don't consider a M-14 a black rifle!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    No need to drill.
    Like I said in last post the A1 is made to mount a sight just a little higher than standard modern ones.
    There is a hole in the center of the carry handle between the ribs for mounting the scope base.
    Thank you, Travis! You have that M-16-- Now get back out there and save Iris!