Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daniel Defense That Started It All. $999.00

I both snoozed and lost on this one. Deeply upset.

Tagged
    NFA MEMBER

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin048 View Post
    The Omega X rail is a 2 piece rail. You can google Omega X 12.0 FSP and read up on it and / or watch youtube install videos.
    You do need a DD wrench for their proprietary barrel nut to remove/install. But only if you have to take off the barrel, not to remove the rail.
    Yes. Except the DDM4V1 rifles come with the DDM4 Rail 12.0 FSP which is a one piece rail, not the Omega X rail.

I found this which pretty much confirms what I thought:

The v1 upper is definitely the most difficult to assemble/disassemble. I'll try to articulate the disassembly process in a way that is easy to understand. Here it goes!

1. Most obviously, make sure weapon is completely unloaded.

2. Remove Upper from Lower

3. Using a 2.5mm allen wrench, LOOSEN the screws in the bolt up plate. Having a ball nose allen wrench will make this process much easier. Don't attempt to completely remove the screws at this stage. You just need to get the rail system loose for the next step.

4. Supporting the Upper Receiver and the front of the barrel, place the upper receiver group ejection port cover down and drive out the taper pins in the Front Sight Base. Be very careful not to damage the rail system in this step. there isn't a lot of room to work with.

5. With the taper pins removed completely from the FSB, secure the upper receiver group in a bench vice with a vice block or reaction rod. At this stage, use an appropriate wrench to remove the flash hider.

6. With the flash hider removed, you can now proceed with completely removing the screws from the bolt up plate.

7. With the screws completely removed, you may now remove the rail system, FSB, and gas tube from your barrel.

8. At this point your barrel is completely exposed.

This is a beast of a project so only do it if absolutely necessary. installation instructions are available on our website. I've pinned a link to the instructions in our industry section. Technical support is always available during the week so if you need assistance, just give us a call.

S/F
    Joe

Joe Marler
    Daniel Defense
    jmarler@danieldefense.com

CGN Regular
    If it is necessary to remove the rail I suspect the trick is having a suitable method of driving out the tape pins without damaging the rail or the pins. As Mr. Marler indicates "there isn't a lot of room to work with.".

Hopefully the need for this does not arise, if it does I would be thinking about taking it to a professional and if not feasible devising some sort of fixture to hold the upper receiver / barrel / rail.

Waiting for the new sale!!!!!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

Tag!
    If there are no dogs in heaven.....When I die I want to go where they go.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Where can I find a hand guard like that? Which the notch for a fixed front sight?
    Anyone?

This looks like the hand guard your looking for.

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...P-Carbine.aspx
    Last edited by RichiK14; 08-04-2014 at 10:36 PM.

tag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We have sold out of what we had, hopefully I can detail our future sale next Tues/Wed. Thanks for the support.
    Any update?