Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Ellwood Epps

Thanks Ellwood Epps

Placed my order late Monday night. My rifle arrived at my door this morning! (Orillia to Calgary). Bravo EE and Canpar.

CGN frequent flyer thenewbieglockguy's Avatar
    Gotta love Epps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop59 View Post
    Placed my order late Monday night. My rifle arrived at my door this morning! (Orillia to Calgary). Bravo EE and Canpar.
    Great news! Hope you enjoy!

Let us know when you're ready to buy another one! :-)
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    I was at the Orillia Gun Club today trying to set up my new Weaver 5-15 X50 tactical on my .223 Rem and was having a terrible time. A fellow that looked pretty familiar but I didn't know why offered to assist and had a look at it and then said walk it over to the shop which is Epps and he'd have a look at it for me.

Turns out he was familiar to me because he is KEVIN and works at EPPS I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. It turns out Kevin was on his own time made the offer to assist and still came to the shop and bore sited the scope for free and gave me tons of good advice on reloading for my rifle.

Kudos to Kevin and Ellwood Epps. Kevin we usually go for Breakfast to the north after shooting, I owe you at least a breaky.

Garry S

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester-1897 View Post
    I was at the Orillia Gun Club today trying to set up my new Weaver 5-15 X50 tactical on my .223 Rem and was having a terrible time. A fellow that looked pretty familiar but I didn't know why offered to assist and had a look at it and then said walk it over to the shop which is Epps and he'd have a look at it for me.

Turns out he was familiar to me because he is KEVIN and works at EPPS I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. It turns out Kevin was on his own time made the offer to assist and still came to the shop and bore sited the scope for free and gave me tons of good advice on reloading for my rifle.

Kudos to Kevin and Ellwood Epps. Kevin we usually go for Breakfast to the north after shooting, I owe you at least a breaky.

Garry S
    Garry:

All you owe me is a 100 yard target with 5 bullseyes!

No problem at all. Hope it all worked out for you.

Cheers!
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Epps in person is great. I just bought my Daniel Defense MilSpec+ M4A1 from them, and I was very happy with the people and the transaction.

Although this has been covered before, the only problem that remains with their website is not having photos of the firearms. People having to go through the extra step of having to ask for photos and then wait a day is just bad business; I'll never understand why you would put your customers in a position where they have to do more work.

People see a firearm on your website that they're not 100% sure what it looks like, and end up Googling it to see what it looks like, and that takes them to another website like Cabela's or another shop that has pics of it, and then you've lost them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    Garry:

All you owe me is a 100 yard target with 5 bullseyes!

No problem at all. Hope it all worked out for you.

Cheers!
    I'll be there again on Thursday and I'll do my best. Thanks again.

Garry S

Yes I love Ellwood epps for the inventory but I also wish I would have seen pics as I ordered a silver boy and every pic I saw it was tapped for a scope mine wasn't a little disappointed but still a nice rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Epps in person is great. I just bought my Daniel Defense MilSpec+ M4A1 from them, and I was very happy with the people and the transaction.

Although this has been covered before, the only problem that remains with their website is not having photos of the firearms. People having to go through the extra step of having to ask for photos and then wait a day is just bad business; I'll never understand why you would put your customers in a position where they have to do more work.

People see a firearm on your website that they're not 100% sure what it looks like, and end up Googling it to see what it looks like, and that takes them to another website like Cabela's or another shop that has pics of it, and then you've lost them.
    Actually, this works to our benefit more often than you might think. By having the customer visit the manufacturer's website, several things happen:

1) The customer is able to ensure that they are looking at the right firearm for them. Case in point today, one customer thought he was buying a Daniel Defense DDM18 rifle in flat dark earth finish, when in fact the model we have in stock is an all-black gun with FDE hand guards over the quad rails only. Would a picture on the website have help here? Most certainly. But in the end he found an entirely different rifle in which he was interested, after viewing other variants on the DD website, and he chose to order that model instead. Win-Win for everyone involved.

2) The customer is able to price-shop for the item he is seeking. Epps will match prices on any competitor's product providing that exact same item is in stock at any competitor's warehouse under the advertised price. In one case just last week or so, a customer was looking to purchase a Remington 887 Nitro Tactical, but when they price-compared the Benelli M4 between our store and a competitor, we matched their price and ended up selling him a much better firearm. Again, Win-Win all around.

As we have discussed ad nauseum in various other posts around these boards, our inventory volume is both too large and has too rapid a turn-over to maintain a full library of images of every firearm we carry. Yes, pictures would be helpful in some cases, but the workload and time required to create, update and maintain an image library of our inventory would take 3 or 4 employees to be a current and useful offering.

We prefer to have our customers contact our store with any inquiries or questions they might have. These boards are full of grips and complaints about customer service (or a lack thereof) from businesses, but our model allows and encourages communication between clients and our sales staff.

Unfortunately, you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time.

Harrier, you're correct that you can't please everyone all of the time, but do you at least realize that you're practically the only major seller in Canada that doesn't have pictures up? Does that not tell you anything? What I think you're missing is that most people don't necessarily care about the specific firearm they're getting, so much as they just want to see a picture of the type of firearm you're selling.

So if you get a crate of 50 SKSs in, and they're all the same, you can just copy paste that one phone into all of them.

You can keep arguing with all of your customers begging for photos, but what kind of seller does that make you?

As I've said before, you need to go to a basic Marketing 101 class and you'll see that the Day 1 lesson of selling things to people is that you need to identify what people want and then give it to them. You have dozens of dozens of people telling you that they think you're being dumb not to have pictures (representing hundreds of customers who aren't bothering to write you), and yet you still refuse to listen to us.

I have bought a lot of things from you, and I like to support local, but I am honestly getting to the point where I am so upset at your refusal to listen to your customers' demands that you are not where I am going to shop anymore. I have already spent over $3k at your store, but just for example I want to buy a S&W500, and I want to buy a Benelli shotgun soon, and I am going to go elsewhere now because of you being stubborn.

How much is putting photos up on your website worth? Because I'm telling you that just in my sales alone that is going to cost another $3k. There are many more like me, so feel free to keep thinking you're right, and we'll keep buying elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast