Thread: Differences between models. (Stock II/III)

CGN frequent flyer

Differences between models. (Stock II/III)

Whats the difference between Stock II and Stock III (Special Edition) besides the rail?

(Edit by FV to clarify thread topic)
    Last edited by Freedom Ventures; 08-06-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypillz View Post
    Whats the difference between Stock II and Stock III (Special Edition) besides the rail?
    Stock IIs come in Hardchrome with a polygonal rifled bull barrel and no rails.
    Their default barrel length is 4.7" but if you order the Australian version, it comes with a 5" Barrel.

Stock IIIs come by default in blue, have a standard rifled barrel and are 5".
    Stock IIIs are also available in "Special Edition" which is a Nickled finish.

The polygonal rifled barrel lets you shoot cheaper bullets more accurately.
    If you're feeding the regular barrel decent bullets, (Ie CAMPRO, Speer, Hornady) it will do the same job.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN frequent flyer
    Very hard to find any descriptions on the net of these.
    Some places say the Stock II has a bull barrel and less muzzle flip then the III. Then again says III has better trigger?

Also what does large and small frame mean as well? What the difference? Which one is which?

Can you get conversion for either gun?

Does the special edition warrant the 300 dollar difference?

I am doing some research, I would like a production gun for IPSC but I want it to be in 40 cal.

Is there a musts to do on these guns ?

Also in your opinion which one is better? (I am a novice shooter so these will outshoot my abilities but I still like nice stuff)

www.tanfoglio.it for gun descriptions.

Stock II and IIIs now come with the exact same sear setup - IE same trigger.

Tanfoglio large frame guns are designed for larger, longer calibers such as 38 super, 10mm and 45ACP, but they do make them for smaller calibers - 9 and 40.
    Small frame guns are only available for smaller calibers- 9 and 40. Larger frame guns often require non-spec (longer) ammo in 9mm for perfect feeding reliability.

In Canada, for 9mm, we only import small frame guns - unless it's special ordered. For 40, by default, we bring in small frame for the Stock Models and Large frame for the Limited Customs (that's Tanfoglio's default)

(In the US the importer there brings in only large frame for all calibers as they don't want to deal with different frame types)

We stock Stock IIIs in 40 in small frame (so it uses factory spec ammo easily) and have them on the shelf now.
    As for 40 - well, it's pretty rare that you see someone shooting 40 in production. You should ask yourself why you want to re-invent the wheel, while so many before you have chosen otherwise. I'll sell you whatever you like, though.

Must to do - get the Tanfoglio Xtreme parts and lighten the trigger pull (Firing Pin, Hammer, FP and Hammer Springs)

While I shoot Stock IIs; I don't really see much advantage out of them compared to a Stock III. My usual recommendation is a Stock III.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    www.tanfoglio.it for gun descriptions.

Stock II and IIIs now come with the exact same sear setup - IE same trigger.

Tanfoglio large frame guns are designed for larger, longer calibers such as 38 super, 10mm and 45ACP, but they do make them for smaller calibers - 9 and 40.
    Small frame guns are only available for smaller calibers- 9 and 40. Larger frame guns often require non-spec (longer) ammo in 9mm for perfect feeding reliability.

In Canada, for 9mm, we only import small frame guns - unless it's special ordered. For 40, by default, we bring in small frame for the Stock Models and Large frame for the Limited Customs (that's Tanfoglio's default)

(In the US the importer there brings in only large frame for all calibers as they don't want to deal with different frame types)

We stock Stock IIIs in 40 in small frame (so it uses factory spec ammo easily) and have them on the shelf now.
    As for 40 - well, it's pretty rare that you see someone shooting 40 in production. You should ask yourself why you want to re-invent the wheel, while so many before you have chosen otherwise. I'll sell you whatever you like, though.

Must to do - get the Tanfoglio Xtreme parts and lighten the trigger pull (Firing Pin, Hammer, FP and Hammer Springs)

While I shoot Stock IIs; I don't really see much advantage out of them compared to a Stock III. My usual recommendation is a Stock III.

Thanks for the info. I am gone make my decision soon enough.

Reason why I want 40 in production is because I don't want to deal with other calibers, I am simply lazy. I reload 40 and have Standard 1911 in 40. I might just shoot minor 40 in production it should be a nice soft round.

FYI I have purchased from Freedom Ventures previously. As always you have great customer service.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I am gone make my decision soon enough.

Reason why I want 40 in production is because I don't want to deal with other calibers, I am simply lazy. I reload 40 and have Standard 1911 in 40. I might just shoot minor 40 in production it should be a nice soft round.

FYI I have purchased from Freedom Ventures previously. As always you have great customer service.

People have been very successful in 40 minor for production. Main issue is bullet drop on far shots and slower response. I know one very good shooter who switched back to a 9mm Stock 2 after a while with same gun in 40 minor.

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by cbabes View Post
    People have been very successful in 40 minor for production...
    Thanks Chris, I forgot about Nick and is 40s...

Sounds like a reasonable reason to me!

Thank you very much for your kind words!