Thread: verifying firearms in canada

verifying firearms in canada

Is there a way to verify a firearm online and not go through the hassle of having someone come look at it.

seeing as how in Quebec we need to register NR firearms, i'm really not in the mood to deal with all this nonsense that the Quebec gov thinks is just so important!
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

is there a way to verify online??
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

What do you mean by "verify" ?

Registration ? Firearm classification ?

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    What do you mean by "verify" ?

Registration ? Firearm classification ?
    when i try to register my firearm on the website, i am asked for the verification number and the FRT number?

Firearm Verification: All registered firearms must be verified. Verification is a way to confirm that the information you provided correctly identifies and classifies the firearm(s) you are registering. It may involve determining the make and model of the firearm(s), as well as its action, calibre and barrel length. Firearm Verification is only done once, and is in most cases done by a community volunteer. Call 1-800-731-4000 for a verifier in your area.

I'm guessing your in Quebec where they still have the useless registry to waste tax payers money on something utterly useless.

Check these links.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/i.../index-eng.htm

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...eg_enr-eng.htm
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    If you just need the FRt call 1 800 731 4000 then use 0 after you pick French or English and ask them to look up the FRT number for that firearm they will ask questions what's the brand, what's the caliber, whats the stock (for some have more then 1 frt number ie -1 -2 ect)

The CFO can do most things over the phone even giving you a number for both boxes. They can say yep that's so and so gun. The verifier numbers are only 4 numbers and letters. You could enter anything and it might go through. They should give you a number over the phone. I thought in Quebec you didn't have to unless you wanted to.
    Last edited by haha49; 08-07-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    If you just need the FRt call 1 800 731 4000 then use 0 after you pick French or English and ask them to look up the FRT number for that firearm they will ask questions what's the brand, what's the caliber, whats the stock (for some have more then 1 frt number ie -1 -2 ect)

The CFO can do most things over the phone even giving you a number for both boxes. They can say yep that's so and so gun. The verifier numbers are only 4 numbers and letters. You could enter anything and it might go through. They should give you a number over the phone. I thought in Quebec you didn't have to unless you wanted to.
    the SQ seem to think otherwise

No obligation to register. Nothing in criminal code against NR not being registered.

Know the laws