Thread: License in the mail!

CGN Regular

License in the mail!

Hey everyone, so after 5 months of waiting for my RPAL an PAL license to go thru BC CFO after they talked to my references, I gave them a call today and my license was issued! my only problem is now I have 3 months gun purchases mixed into one visit... was origeonally gona just grab SKS, however now planning the full russian with SKS, SVT, mosin, and TT-33. my question is what Russian SKS`s are chrome lined (heard some years are) essentially what is the best shooter SKS, and are there any stores that would give you a deal when you grab all 4 at once (although there is a waiting period before you can grab the pistol as I understand while waiting for application to transport.)
    Also, what should I look for when grabbing a Mosin, want it to be as accurate as possible without scope.

Congrats!!!

Now, the hassle of ATT's and transfers to look forward to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    CONGRATS!!!!
    Did you already order or you waiting until your RPAL arrives? Just curios
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

CGN Regular
    can I order before it arrives? that would be awesome. At the same time kind of feel sketch buying a surplus gun over the internet, kinda want to pick it out, make sure bore good and all that

If your license has been issued go on line and look up your license number. Then apply for your ATT, you don't have to wait for the card to do this. Start shopping now (take a printout off the RCMP web site of your license number in case the guys in the store hesitate to let you handle their firearms without having your PAL), no brick and mortar store is going to let you leave with a firearm if you don't have the hunk of plastic, but if you're going to use mail order give the guys your license number and have them ship it to you. When you receive it (assuming Canada Post brings it to your door) do NOT transport it anywhere, keep it at home and certainly don't fire it. Transporting a firearm without the physical card is against the law and could result in prison time. Even though you're licensed you still need the small hunk of plastic to confirm that you're not a violent psychopath. I'm not sure if just being in possession of a firearm without the card (but with a license) is a criminal offense, so if you want to be really safe order it but have them hold shipping until you have your card.

If you select a restricted weapon to purchase, pay for it now and start the registration process. Worst case scenario you may have to wait a few days for your PAL to arrive before you can call for the STATT to take it home.

CGN Regular
    thanks for the advice Danger, I think I might just wait till it arrives for the Un restricted but will look into getting the ATT for the handgun

CGN Regular
    any Sks from 51 and older are the chrome lined barrels.

a great website to look at for sks info is: yooper john just google him

congrats on getting your license! I am at 4.5 months waiting so far... what did you ask when you called in? did you ask for the cfo directly or something?