Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense M4A1 and damage on my MK18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMonkey View Post
    ....also I will need a new Daniel Defense Lower for my MK18. Unless you guys know how to fix the chip on the side by the mag release button....
    You want to buy a new lower because of that little dent? You're not wanting this covered under warranty are you?

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Jeez we are talking about a mass produced AR rifle here not a Ferrari... ARs are tools not show room pieces or jewelry .. Go shoot the crap outa it or god forbid take a carbine class and scuff and ding the hell out of it, thats what it for . It wont do anyone any good being babied like show car . That little ding is worth a free magazine at best .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    You want to buy a new lower because of that little dent? You're not wanting this covered under warranty are you?
    Only because it's my fault, it's operator error. If it's covered I'll take it, if not then I'll buy a new lower. I don't mind scratches, dents are what bother me, no matter the size.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    It is only cosmetic damage it looks like. No point of getting a new lower.
    IF you actually use your Ar15 in the future, you will probably have to replace your lower at least 10 times if you keep on getting dents..
    What?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Jeez we are talking about a mass produced AR rifle here not a Ferrari... ARs are tools not show room pieces or jewelry .. Go shoot the crap outa it or god forbid take a carbine class and scuff and ding the hell out of it, thats what it for . It wont do anyone any good being babied like show car . That little ding is worth a free magazine at best .
    I don't know where you got the impression that I was asking for something. Yeah alright they're meant to be shot hard, bravo thank you Captain Obvious. But this is my rifle, and I want to fix what I've accidentally done to it. Is that ok with you? Perhaps maybe you should watch a few episodes of NOIR, he'll teach you that even a tool thats suppose to be used hard, can be a show piece like jewellery. If you don't see how beautiful an AR is and how it can possibly be compared to showroom jewellery, you're clearly missing out.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    It is only cosmetic damage it looks like. No point of getting a new lower.
    IF you actually use your Ar15 in the future, you will probably have to replace your lower at least 10 times if you keep on getting dents..
    This is my 5th AR and my 2nd Daniel Defense, 1st one with a dent. I don't like that...I've scratched my AR's, shot crates, boxes, cans of ammo through them. But not a single one got a dent until now. I've shot them prone on gravel, grass, snow, and with or without chest rigs. Whats bugging me is this rifles been through a lot with me at the range, but one small accident; and I ding the damn thing.

CGN Regular
    It's my money let me spend it the way I want to, people used to say it's only money. You can't take it with you when you're dead, and nobody in jail will care how much you had before you got in. Hahaha!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc_82 View Post
    I'm curious to know whether the M4A1 can be done in all black as well...will you post the answer here Grumpy or should I talk to Guy about it when I call him next week?
    He said it was possible, but he's got to check if it's in a shipment of orders they got coming in. If it isn't he said that it could be a bit of a wait before you see one.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Noir

If you're going to trash that lower, I'll take it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast